This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Real World Aviation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Student Pilots Read!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 1:04pm
Just try and keep this thread near the top

No thanks Edward. Pointless posting to keep it at the top will feel my wrath.

:unclemartin:
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 1:09pm
Bump...bump bump....bump bump bump Wink
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by johnsmithfsx johnsmithfsx wrote:

Shocked Wow........ A 10 year-old boy wrote this? . The translation I got from that was, well...... You'll find out.

No no!! A Year 10 boy wrote it (so he's 14-15). It would be quite worrying if he was 10!!

I don't think it was anything from that urban dictionary. They all imply it to be inappropriate, and seeing as he wrote it on a Playstation forum, I would have thought the rules there would be much the same as they are here on what you can and can't say!! 
Kind regards,
Tom
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

Originally posted by johnsmithfsx johnsmithfsx wrote:

Shocked Wow........ A 10 year-old boy wrote this? . The translation I got from that was, well...... You'll find out.

No no!! A Year 10 boy wrote it (so he's 14-15). It would be quite worrying if he was 10!!

I don't think it was anything from that urban dictionary. They all imply it to be inappropriate, and seeing as he wrote it on a Playstation forum, I would have thought the rules there would be much the same as they are here on what you can and can't say!! 

If he is indeed 14-15, then there is a good chance that the meaning is indeed related to the urban dictionary....  And while the Playstation forum may have the same basic rules, speaking in a 'coded' language can bypass the filtering in the forum software, and confuse those of us who don't speak it fluently.  Embarrassed

--------------------------------
Brad   
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 8:56pm
So when the term "year 10" is used, then that means they're in their tenth grade of school?
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 9:01pm
Yes sorry I didn't realise the schooling system in the US is slightly different to it is here in the UK! 'Year 10' in the UK I think would be the equivalent to '9th Grade' (age group 14-15) in the US because you start at a later age than we do!!
Kind regards,
Tom
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

because you start at a later age than we do!!

Mostly anyway. I think it depends on the state's laws, but some states will allow people to start early.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic