This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Re-paint Dree

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolter303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Re-paint Dree
    Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 11:23pm
Hey Dree,

I went to the link on your profile (http://people.zeelandnet.nl/andreboot/vliegen) and tried to do a repaint.  All the texture files in FSX are .dds not bmb.  I can not seem to do repaint.  I have the white 737-800 and want to place a logo and color on it.  What paint program works best.  I down loaded the DXTbmb but that did not help.  Any sugestions.  THanks

Don
Las Vegas
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 2:07pm
This is from Dree.  He's at sea and has no internet capability.  I can communicate with him once per 24 hours via text-only e-mails.

=========================
Hi,

In the "Open" dialog box from DXTBmp the default file type is set on
"extended bitmap" Change it to DDS and you will be able to open your
files.
Personaly I just drop the file to be edited on the DXTBmp shortcut on
my desktop.
Good luck with your painting!

Groet, Dree
Bolter303 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolter303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 2:24pm
Out to sea?  Is he in the Navy?  Living in Vegas I miss the sea,  dirt everywhere....
I will try your sugestion.  Do I still need a paint program to work on it, photoshop for example.  Thanks

Don
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2008 at 5:39am

Dree is a merchant sailor and is on a schedule of approximately three months gone, then three months home. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic