This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question on Flights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolter303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question on Flights
    Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 11:18pm
I have a quick question.  I just got the 737-800 and I was looking at the flight that I can take.  My airports are Long Beach, John Wayne, Santa Barbara and San Diego.  Of all the flight there are just a few that go from big airports to big airports.  Most of the flights go from Long Beach to Z95.  If you don't know Z95 is a unlit uncontroled dirt strip in the middle of BFE.  I can fly a large 7378 with 200 lbs of mail from Long Beach to San Francisco, or take more cargo weigt than I can carry from long beach to Z95.  It just does not make sence.  I make 5,000 for the main and burn more than that in fuel and landing fees.  Is there a reason for this.  I  know all that matters is flight hours, but I want it to be a little real....

Don
Las Vegas
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 6:23am
Do you have the AC range set very low to bias the cargo selection for short flights?   With an AC of that range, you should be getting a lot of flights, though not many will be full loads.

I've noticed two things that may help explain this.

Due to what I believe may be an "undocumented feature" in CP, it has a tendency to generate vast amounts of cargo for the in-range airfield that sorts dead last on ICAO code.  What's happening to you with Z95 used to happen to me with Z98.

Typically in every shot at cargo generation you'll find about two destinations with a plane-load plus of cargo available.  All the others will have less.  This varies, but seems to be generally true.  Remember that if you don't accept a job, you can exit the Flight Management screen and re-enter.  The cargo generation routine will run again and you'll get a different set of cargoes offered.  Roll the dice as many times as you want until you find something you like.

One suggestion....more bases.  More bases causes the number of cargoes generated to expand exponentially.  With 110 bases, I get several hundred thousand lines of cargo, and it takes 20 minutes to generate on a very fast PC.

Haven't heard BFE in a long time - - - but I know what it means.

EDIT - another suggestion if you have the money.  Buy a 747.  You don't have to fly it, but the cargo routine generates cargoes based on your largest AC.  If you own a 747 you'll have cargo coming out of your ears for the 737.
Bolter303 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolter303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 2:21pm
I only changed the range for the caravan.  I now have the 3 Jets one is the 737 and a King Air.  I just bought Vegas and San Francisco.  I am trying to set up flights for the south west area, KLAS - KSFO - KLGB.  So it is better to have a lot of airports I take it.  What about planes.  I don't fly the Caravan much but  do I keep it.  Does it fly on it's own. 

Thanks

Don

allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 2:32pm
It's hard to say for sure, but I believe having additional AC in your stable results in better paydays, the theory being that they are used by the fictional "others" in your company to help generate revenue.  Not sure.  JF has never commented on this one way or the other.

It doesn't cost anything to keep it, except the revenue you'd get by selling it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic