This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FS9 Still Going Strong!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 9:12pm
It sure is good!  I love the reward section in the pilot record.
CaptCosslett View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 9:16pm
I prefer FSX, for me it runs better. In FS9 I found the frame rates would jump all over the place. The scenery is much better. I like FSX.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 9:22pm
In FS9 I found the frame rates would jump all over the place
What have you set your FR target to?
Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 9:36pm

Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

Personaly I feel that FS9 is better.

I agree, if your flying a heavy out of an airport, in 2D cockpit, you see nothing accept for sky. When your landing you might miss a little bit of scenery, but that doesn't bother me.

To me, FSX feels like a big bug. I hate the fact that even if your getting 60FPS, you'll still get a stutter every now and again, I've never had that with FS9. I do prefer the water/clouds in FSX (FEX and ASA), but on the whole I'm with FS9 at the moment, partly because of Air Simmer.

Originally posted by VulcanB2 VulcanB2 wrote:

EDIT TO ADD: Heathrow 2008 doesn't look as good or function properly in FSX compared with FS9. The approach lighting and runways don't appear until much later (this is a draw distance problem with FSX) and the approach lighting doesn't draw properly either.

I've noticed that aswell, for me its the runway aswell as the lights, its just a big blacked out area untill I'm about 500FT AGL. Then suddenly Heathrow appears..

Matt.
Originally Posted by MartinW

I use mine for spare knickers when I'm traveling.
CaptCosslett View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 9:39pm

Hi Tom, cant remember what what my FR were set to in FS9. Gave my copy of FS9 away. I have set m FR to unlimited in FSX and get between 40 - 60FPS.

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 9:39pm
Everyone seems to give FSX a bit of a hard time, I don't see why though.
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 9:44pm
FS9 runs better on older systems

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Edward Longe Edward Longe wrote:

FS9 runs better on older systems

As apposed to FSX? I've tried everything with FSX, 4GB RAM, C2D OC'ed to 3.8GHz, HD4870's in CrossFire [Admitedly didn't go CrossFire for FSX], even had a go at a 3rd party defrag. FSX still draggs along..

Matt.
Originally Posted by MartinW

I use mine for spare knickers when I'm traveling.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 11:54pm
I can get a stable 50FPS on fs9 and only about 25FPS on fsx. I tend to use FS9 more often know. I have add on scenery which makes it better.

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 8:27am
I think FSX is better for GA flying and FS9 is better for jets.
David View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 12:20pm

I have FS9 and FSX installed. After 6 months I still use FSX exclusively.

If you have a reasonably good system and set it and FSX up correctly, the visual appearance of FSX wins it for myself.

Nick Needham over on the Simforums Flight 1 has some excellent tweeks and his suggestions have helped me to stabilise my PC and allow FSX to run, with as of now, with very few errors. :)

Delivering your cargo-Right on the money!
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 4:19pm

Since I've got FS9 I tend to use that more. I heavys on FSX

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 7:11pm

Edward- Have you been flying the 757 Captain much on FS9.

Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 7:30pm
I've treid but the A/P dosn't always work

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 7:50pm
Bet you are looking forward to the patch then!
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 8:00pm
Can't wait!

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 8:29pm
Me to.  The 757 is flyable but the patch would be an extra bonus. 
Capt Pugwash View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt Pugwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 9:02pm

After buying FS9 upon its release , I found myself spending god knows how much time striving to get a decent frame rate with all the sliders maxed out & no stutters,

4 years on, I have a new pc with my FS9 loaded and all sliders maxed out, great!!!
But... for some odd reason, I am now wasting more years of my ever diminishing existance trying to get FSX to run flat out with no stutters (am I going mad???)

And yes, I have X-PLANE 9 loaded also, but oddly, when I use it, I feel I am cheating on my beloved MS program, I want realworld scenery, real world airports, real trafffic, I, I, I want my head testing!!!

Maybe I should have just been happy to achieve my ultimate goal in FS9 and got on with enjoying my flying and all those many hundreds of pounds worth of addons...

But wheres the fun in that!!!
                                                            Pug
i7 930 @4.3, GTX970-4gb, 1TB EVO SSD, H100i Water-cooler, 12gb ram, Win7 64bit, Warthog Hotas, Saitek pedals & panels...
Stringbean View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 7:25am
Originally posted by TomA320 TomA320 wrote:

...and the missions are a great new feature aswell.

Missions are for gamers and in my opinion should never of been included in FSX! Dropping flour bombs..honestly...cmon!.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 9:06am
I agree about droping flower bombs etc.  But the Dutch Harbour approach is the best mission of all!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic