This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding new planes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmansteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding new planes
    Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 12:38pm
Hi All

Been looking at all the AI addons and seem to be drawn more towards Traffic X.  I noticed on one that you can insert new planes and flight plans.  Can this be done with Traffic X.  Say you want to add some more military planes.  And can you create formations (not sure about that but would be nice).

Steve
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 9:08pm
You most certainly can. You can add, edit and delete flight plans. You can add military planes, general aviation planes and airliners. And, of course, you can edit and delete them if you desire. The program is powerful in what it offers and what it can do and yet, at the same time, it is very easy to use. It even allows you to "import" your third party (downloaded etc) aircraft in to the program for use in your flight plans. You can tweak aircraft values (such as range for example) if you feel a change is required. And so on and so forth. Or course, the product is great straight out of the box as well with the default flight plans and traffic levels being (generally) good enough to be happy with without needing to do any adding/editing of flight plans. And, no, despite this "glossy brochure" response, I don't work for Just Flight. I'm just a very satisfied user. You might want to check out the newly released Traffic X Tutorial. That will give you an excellent idea about how the program is used to add/edit flight plans: http://www.justflight.com/newsDetail.asp?newsID=1100

As for formations, check this thread out here: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4989
tmansteve View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmansteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 10:08am
Thanks Freddy

By the look of things I will be getting this asap.  Nice to know you can do all this.  At least now I can add all the planes I have from the internet and sit back and watch them.  Your answer has helped me greatly and I wouldn't care if you did work for Just Flight.  Nice to get a clear answer for once.  I have downloaded the tutorial b ut it seems only for creating flight plans and not really about adding your planes etc.  Is there some sort of manual with the software?

Many Thanks

Steve
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 10:17am
Hi Steve,

We will be releasing more tutorials, including one that will cover adding new aircraft

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 11:16am
Originally posted by tmansteve tmansteve wrote:

I have downloaded the tutorial b ut it seems only for creating flight plans and not really about adding your planes etc.  Is there some sort of manual with the software?

Yes, there is a manual that comes with the software. But, in my opinion, whilst helpful, it can be a little too general in some areas. You have correctly noted the tutorial is about creating flight plans. As Martyn said, there will be other tutorials. Your own planes are quickly added in to the software with a single click of just one button. The software will search through aircraft files and import any new ones that it finds. You may need to do some "massaging" of some parameters for some of the planes after the import, and you WILL need to add flight plans for your planes so you can see them in Flight Simulator. So there's a little bit of work required after adding the planes. But that's just all part of the fun!
tmansteve View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmansteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 4:03pm
Thanks ever so much for the help, I have just ordered it and now can't wait to get my AI up in the air.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic