This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eurofighter Typhoon MIA?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anterain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eurofighter Typhoon MIA?
    Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 7:59pm
Hi- I've been lurking for a couple of months, mainly because of my interest in a good-quality payware Typhoon for FSX.  I tried the demo of the alphasim one but I wasn't blown away by the reheat or the very short, looped sound of said reheat.  I have JustFlight's RAF Tornado and I've had many happy flying hours in that, so I was pleased to see a Typhoon by them was being worked on.

'Was' being the important word there as I could have sworn that you had a Typhoon on your "in development" page and it's been gone for about a month now.  The "Winter 07/Spring 08" brochure on your website even has a shot of it with the words "ON FINAL APPROACH TO A PC NEAR YOU!".

So, what's the deal?  Has it been put on the backburner?  Has it just slipped off the development page and not been put back?  If so, can we expect to see it soon? Smile

Cheers for any replies.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 8:44pm
Afterburner, back burner - more like no burner unfortunately. A developer was developing a Eurofighter that we were going to publish but it was not developed to the standard that we require and the developer was not in a position to raise the standard so we proceeded no further with it - a shame as it had some potential. It has been published by another publisher who I guess has different standards to Just Flight's ones.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Anterain View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anterain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 9:23pm
Bah, that's a real shame- although I suppose JF only publishing products that meet a minimum standard is one of the big reasons why I was prepared to wait for a JF version.  Thanks for the information, though.

So, with the point of this thread now thoroughly tackled, I shall invent a new one- does anyone know of a good quality Typhoon for FSX, payware or otherwise?  As mentioned I was a little underwhelmed by the alphasim one, and a certain "combatplanes.ca" was developing one that at the moment seems to be getting less than favourable customer reviews, so that's out too.  Hoping for a 4th developer to be making one as well seems a little optimistic, but if anyone would care to enlighten me about the current best-quality offering there is, any responses will again be much appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic