This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi All

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi All
    Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 7:48pm
Welcome to the AirHauler forum at Just Flight. If you have any queries about AirHauler, feel free to post them and I, and others, will try and answer them for you! :)

I'm very pleased to be working with the Just Flight team, and the next few weeks I'm sure are going to be great :)

Cheers,
Slopey

(AirHauler Developer)

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2009 at 8:04pm
I can't wait to get the Air hauler!  I loved CP so I should like this.  Can wait!Thumbs%20Up
ricka47 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricka47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2009 at 12:41pm
I'm looking forward to the release!

Rick Abshier
concorde380 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concorde380 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2009 at 2:36pm
three questions.

one when will air hauler come out??

two how much will it cost??

three will the release affect Cargo Pilot 2???

thanks
Pedro
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2009 at 2:52pm
Hi Pedro

release date TBA
price TBA

as far as I'm aware there is no Cargo Pilot 2 - it's not in development.

Scooternjng View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scooternjng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 11:04pm
Ok, so here's a stupid question for those of us who have to watch our specs... What, pray tell, are the minimum system requirements (besides FS9/FSX, internet access, etc)?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke, Irish philosopher & statesman
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 11:44pm
Don't know for sure yet. Other than .NET 2.0 and a copy of flight sim you should be fine as its a very easy program for your PC to run
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 2:22am
I'd say if you're handling CP alright, you should have no problem with AH.

John Allard
John Allard
Scooternjng View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scooternjng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 2:49am
Excellent. 
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke, Irish philosopher & statesman
flying-w View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying-w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 11:26pm
FSUIPC required?

Regards
Simon

SuperTrafficBoard V2.1 Now Available http://www.supertrafficboard.com
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 11:33pm
FSUIPC is required and the FSUIPC installer will come with AirHauler. You don't need to register FSUIPC yourself however, as AH is registered with Pete Dowson directly.
David View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 4:02pm

As a Cargo Pilot user this merits a big cheerClap  Airhauler looks just the ticket and add me to the (hopefully) long list of customers! 

Just a couple of questions.

Will the FSUIPC be the latest version and will it replace the previously installed version? (FSX SP1 SP2, VISTA 32,)

Also if I begin with the Lear Jet and a wad, can I sell the Lear and put the cash with the wad to buy something else?  

I have the C130's, 747's and the superb JFCS 757 Freighter in Cargo Pilot, so would seek to get them up and running ASAP!

Well done again, from what I have read about Airhauler I think I will need a better computer chair.  By the way (giving my age away) this reminds me of ELITE? Without the space travel, aliens and vector graphics. I remember how addictive that was to "Build your commercial empire". Just a thought?

Best wishes, David.Big%20smile
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 4:07pm
Was Elite the one that came out around the time of the Amiga 600?
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 4:26pm
"Will the FSUIPC be the latest version and will it replace the previously installed version? (FSX SP1 SP2, VISTA 32,)"

I'm not sure, but I believe so.  Duncan will be able to answer that more definitively.

"Also if I begin with the Lear Jet and a wad, can I sell the Lear and put the cash with the wad to buy something else?"

Yes.  Also, leasing is initially much cheaper than buying outright, so you can start higher up the AC ladder than you could if you had to purchase the AC.  There are advantages both ways. 

John Allard

EDIT: I still have a copy of Elite Plus by Microplay.  The requirements say it's for the IBM AT, PS1, PS2 and most compatibles.  There's a 1993 copyright on the box and the software is on a single 3.5 non-HD floppy.  How far we've come...

JDA
John Allard
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 4:31pm
Quote Will the FSUIPC be the latest version and will it replace the previously installed version? (FSX SP1 SP2, VISTA 32,)

The version which is provided with AirHauler will be the latest version available at that time. I imagine that it would replace the previously installed version - Pete is quite keen everyone runs the current version of FSUIPC anyway! ;) There were some issues with the newer version I believe and various add-on aircraft but I think they might be resolved - that's really a Pete Dowson question however.

Also if I begin with the Lear Jet and a wad, can I sell the Lear and put the cash with the wad to buy something else?

Yes you can :)

I have the C130's, 747's and the superb JFCS 757 Freighter in Cargo Pilot, so would seek to get them up and running ASAP!

There's several levels of "difficulty" which you can use, along with Bank Loans and leasing rather than buying aircraft which will get you into heavy metal in no time. If you just want to fly jets, you should be able to do that reasonably quicky - but if you want to start from the ground up - that's catered for too. Accessibility is a key issue in the design of AirHauler to accomodate everyone's playstyles and favourite aircraft, and if I do say so myself, I think the way it's implemented will have something for everyone :)

By the way (giving my age away) this reminds me of ELITE? Without the space travel, aliens and vector graphics. I remember how addictive that was to "Build your commercial empire". Just a thought?

Right on commander! ;) I have plans for an "Elite" style add-on to AirHauler - i.e. rather than fly someone else's cargo you could buy and sell goods at an airport and trade "commodities" yourself between airports. It's certainly something I'll be interested in doing if there was enough interest!

Quote Was Elite the one that came out around the time of the Amiga 600?

The Amiga version was imho the best of the 8/16 bit Elites, but loved the ZX Spectrum version too (and don't forget Frontier on the 'Miggy - classic). I still have a BBC "B" and Master which I use * solely* for playing Elite on. That game quite simply defined my computer gaming habits for life!
David View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 10:28pm
Hi, thanks for the reply.

All the FSUIPC's supplied with the JF planes seem spot on so no worries here, I dont think!( The main a/c for me are JF C130 and 757 F. )

I will begin the career mode!!Memories of Elite are returning! Going up from the tiny ship to a fully equipped galactic freighter!!! Oh my!

I had the Commodore 64 and Amiga Elite, (started PC life with the Acorn Electron.)

I absolutely agree, Elite set my simming appetites for life!!

The trade add on sounds very interesting. So long as no Narcotics trading to dubious star systems ( read countries) are involvedShocked... or then again..................

I think you have a winner with this one and I wish you well. 
David View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 8:18pm

Hi, any sign of the Airhauler?

Its March on Sunday and am really looking forward to getting goingSmile

Will pre order when given the take off clearanceBig%20smile
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 8:33pm
From the JF Main Site...

"We're very pleased to announce that will we be publishing the all-new Air Hauler expansion for FSX and FS2004. This air freight management and flying add-on is due for release at the end of March and will be available both on DVD and by download."

There don't seem to be any show-stoppers emerging from the late beta testing.  I'm not involved in anything but testing, but all seems to be proceeding according to plan.

John Allard
John Allard
David View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 3:23pm
Hi, thats great newsThumbs%20Up, it will certainly cheer me up amidst all the news of economic gloom and doom!

My C130 is warming up and awaiting cargoBig%20smile
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by flying-w flying-w wrote:

FSUIPC required?

Regards
Simon

Hey Simon. Not to put you on the spot on anything....Wink ..but are you thinking about adding a Cargo section to STB?  It could provide a snapshot look at open, pending loads/destinations/etc, the flights our AI coporate pilots are scheduled for/currently flying, etc.  Could be pretty cool...Big%20smile
--------------------------------
Brad   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic