This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CP, Vista, and FSnav (OhMy) Please Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystictimel0rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CP, Vista, and FSnav (OhMy) Please Help
    Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 7:53pm

Greetings All

I sure hope someone can help.  The last couple days I've been trying to get Cargo Pilot and FSnaigator 4.7 to play nice together on a Vista machine.  First thing was FSNav kept saying I needed to build the database for it to work (it works fine if started without the cp launcher).  So next I tried starting FS2004 manually after getting a flight ready in cp and clicking on the "Fly Now".  FSnav did work that way, and I was able to start the tracker and when I landed, the tracker said "Filesaved".  But, when I restarted Cargo Pilot and went to debrief, all that was there was the flight plan and the "Fly Now" button like the flight had never been made.  I am at wits end trying to figure this out so if anyone has had this problem or has a solution PLEASE help.. I'm ready to dump this stupid Vista in the computer pit of fire!  .

Thank you
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 11:22pm
Well, I think you may have your finger on the culprit.  I routinely use CP, FSNavigator and XP.  Two of the three are the same as yours.
mystictimel0rd View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystictimel0rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 12:55am
Yes, I'm sure the problem is with Vista and compatability issues.  I have used the compatability feature in Vista so everything related to fs2004 and it's addons are set to run as a Windows XP SP2 but it hasnt helped much.  I am hoping someone else who is using Vista and having the problem with the tracker not reporting a completed flight (I'm not even positive it is fsnav related to be honest.. it could be Vista in general though CP supposedly fixed any Vista incompatabilites with the patch it released) but it appears to be fsnav is the culprit.. first fsnav gives error messages when I allow cp to start fs9 that I havent created a database yet, but when I run just fs9 or start fs9 manually after closing cp it works fine) but then when the flight is complete and I restart CP it is as if I never flew the mission.. so I dont know.. hopefully someone is out there that has already had and worked out this problem.. I'm sure I'm not the only one thats experienced it :)
Thank you for your reply :)
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 6:40am
There's a setting in CP Options (click the office desk) about starting FS manually.  You have to have that set correctly to use a manual start, I think.

I have to manually start FS9 to use my CS C-130 in CP.  If you're in FS9 you have to manually start the tracker (top line menu), but you probably know that.  If you do that and the tracker is running, CP should recognize your flight.

Can't shed any light on any Vista issues.
mystictimel0rd View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mystictimel0rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 7:49am
G'Morning.. If your talking about unchecking the box "Have CP start Flight Simulator" (or words to that effect, I did uncheck that box.  The only thing I havent tried is to turn off the tracker too.  The manual gives instructions how to use the program without the tracker but it seems like a lot of trouble and I think would take away from the game when your having to keep track of so much "housekeeping" yourself.  :)
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 2:38pm
No, I didn't mean turning off the tracker.  I didn't recall the exact wording of the option, but "Have CP start FS" sounds like the one I was thinking of. I've had to turn that off because of an issue when starting with the C-130. 

I think you might be wise to contact JF Tech Support for this issue. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic