This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JF Announcement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2009 at 8:55pm
Thanks. I shall take a read.
ddavid View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 1:32pm
Tell 'em about the sheep, Duncan!

No, seriously, there's everything from radar grills to fish fingers on Air Hauler flights - and sheep sh*t, if you're not careful! Censored

Cheers - Dai. Cool

BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by RAS RAS wrote:

Get yourself signed up to the newsletters. Not only is there a great freebie airport for FS2004 and FSX but you will be the first to get the above exclusive news! I'd stake my reputation (if I had one) that this could just be your new "favourite thing for flight sim in the world" Thumbs%20Up

Are the newsletters the same as the e-shots?
--------------------------------
Brad   
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 3:12pm
Hi Ras,
    I see that AirHauler doesn't yet have a presence in the JustFlight Community Sites section of the front page...is that coming?
--------------------------------
Brad   
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by BradS BradS wrote:

Hi Ras,
    I see that AirHauler doesn't yet have a presence in the JustFlight Community Sites section of the front page...is that coming?

Hi

Yes we will have a community page for it at some point, likely to be on or after release of the product

Quote Are the newsletters the same as the e-shots?

Yep!

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
BadWhippet View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadWhippet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 10:45pm
Oh - my - word!

I have just this very minute posted up a "thank you - it's brilliant" thread about Cargo Pilot (I'm a latecomer to FSX but Cargo Pilot has really, REALLY made my game already - it is superb, even with its pricing-quirks).

But Air Hauler looks even more fantabulous!  Add me to the will-buy-immediately list!  Great job!  Can't wait!

Sue Big%20smile
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 10:58pm
Sue,

I recommend you fly the wings off CP in the interim and by the time AH is out you'll be ready for it.  CP is a great program, but after using it for a while some things begin to chafe a little.  Stepping into AH from CP will be a fulfulling experience made all the better by having earned your stripes in CP first.

John Allard
John Allard
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadWhippet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 11:04pm
Sound advice given that I spend most of my time in Cargo Pilot's flights simply trying to find an invisible grass strip in absoute darkness!  My continued record of missed approaches and "can't see the darned runway" pleas to ATC probably suggest I have a LONG way to go!      

I will only worry if, on release date of Air Hauler, I still can't find that stupid grass landing strip that I bought for the price of a donut! .
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 11:14pm
AirHauler will show you if the grass strip has Lights or not in the job info & kneeboard briefing - that was one of the things which always bugged me about CP ;)
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadWhippet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 11:24pm
Then I'm REALLY glad it's not just me.  I bought the redux lights enhancement pack in the hope of lighting up all Britain in blinding beams rather than continue to crash unceremoniously in people's chicken coops.  I think those unfortunates who live within a 10 mile radius of my air strip are quite used to me veering their way now.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 3:06pm
AH will let you fly your jobs at any time of day you wish.  The job expirations are based on real-time (from the PC clock) but resetting the time of day in the sim is supported and doesn't affect the job expirations.  There's even an option for a pop-up to appear just as FS is launching allowing you to specify that, then sending the info to FS so it launches with your selected time already set - it saves you having to reset it yourself once you're in the cockpit.

I use a random time generator to select a sim start time for each job I fly, so I get a mix of day and night jobs, but I use a base with lights. 

Also, unlike CP, not all jobs or flights involve a base. 

John Allard
John Allard
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 4:34pm
I'm going to sneak a "Random Time" generator into AH over the weekend ;)
AirHauler Developer
David View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 8:10pm
Just an Airhauler question, If you exit the sim and then re enter it at a later time, will Airhauler "remember" where and at what time we left the Aircraft? (like a sort of save game feature?)

Also agree with John 100%, if you fly CP for a while and then look at the specs of Airhauler.....it looks like Santa has come early!!

And Badwhippet, when I started in CP I flew to a "Water Runway" in a Learjet!! Soon learned the lesson. CP just doesn't say anything about landing facilities.  But it gave me an insight as to whats possible and if you fly the Grumman Goose, its amphibian, so you dont get waterlogged!

Cheers and please can it be the end of March soon, then Santa will be here with my CD AIRHAULER?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2009 at 9:40pm
Hi David,

Yes it does. You need to have landed at an airport (any airport) however, and AH will pick up from there. So, if you're flying along and need to stop, you can land at the nearest airport, then shut down. Quit FS, and quit AH.

When you next start AH it'll pop up a "Resume" screen which shows all the aircraft with cargo aboard, and you can jump straight back into the job. It'll keep your previous flight plan (you might need to adjust it a little now you're not at the starting point) and you can start up FS with your plane *exactly* where you left it.

Also, AH will warn you if any of the runways for your destination airport are Water runways to remind you to take a plane with floats!

Hope that helps.
AirHauler Developer
David View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 2:08pm
Hi thanks Duncan.

Just another quick thought, if you have "employees" flying cargo for you and they are airborn when you exit, do they continue on their "mission" when you re-enter the sim?

Also the idea you mentioned about an Airliner "add on" for Airhauler I'd say is "Right on commander!"

Cheers for the info, as you can see the old imagination has taken hold now!  This product couldn't be a better prospect for our hobby!
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 2:51pm

AI operations are not "flown" in FS.  The AH program handles them entirely within itself.

You may shut down FS, AH and even the computer, or use FS and your computer for other non-AH tasks.  When you re-start AH it will process all the AI cargo and flight operations that were scheduled and update all the necessary tables. 

John Allard

John Allard
Dwhiskie View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dwhiskie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 7:20pm
Have I missed something?  Has AH been released?
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 8:41pm
Not yet.
Scooternjng View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scooternjng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 9:25pm
Although it is, apparently, getting closer... Kinda like that fin in the beginning of Airplane! .
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke, Irish philosopher & statesman
jaugust4 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaugust4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 3:01pm
I notice that the boxed version is now due April 3rd, while the download version will be available slightly earlier.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic