This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"World in r... depression" - Brown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "World in r... depression" - Brown
    Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 3:15pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7869748.stm

Considering the US is piling Trillions of dollars to prop up the economy, we're doing the same, other countries are running to the IMF, and Iceland is broke as a country - I'd say it was a depression!!

If it wasn't for this race to get money from elsewhere, then it would be worse than a depression.

The fact that countries around the world are borrowing so heavily is a sign that things are seriously wrong. In the 30s, they didn't do all this borrowing - that's the only difference between then and now.

On "British jobs for British people":

Quote Mr Brown responded: "Can anybody here say that they don't want British workers to get jobs in our country?"

He said it was his "duty" to help Britons acquire skills needed to get jobs in a global market.

Forget "getting skills" to get jobs - our workers HAVE the skills already!!!!! The problem is they're not even being CONSIDERED for employment!! Can't this idiot see that?????

Best regards,
Vulcan.
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 8:04pm
Firms just want the lowest overheads so they choose the cheapest workforce, and they're under no moral obligation to hire British workers. I have no problems with immigrant workers, but additional workers coming into the country are the last thing we need right now.
Once I can, I'm up and out of this country, hopefully forever!

What I'm worried about is what my generation are going to do in ten years time - there are that many people attaining skills that there probably won't be enough people to fill the "unskilled" job categories!

What made this recession worse was that the economy has been growing on non-existent money for the past few years. Now that money has dried up, look at the pickle we're in!
Luke Roach
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 12:35pm
Completely agree!

Quote Now that money has dried up, look at the pickle we're in!

Absolutely! They're making it worse as they're going to start lending to people again... but they're the same people who are indebted up to the eye-balls in the first place.

I was reading the other day that credit card companies are reducing the interest rates for their "best customers" to help them out. They're not helping people like me who pay off their card every month. They define a "good customer" as one who meets all the monthly payments, but do not clear the balance, so they make money off the interest charges. My card is still pegged at 29.9% APR!!! Shocked  I'm obviously a "bad" customer! .

Best regards,
Vulcan.
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009 at 4:56pm
Approve Ahhh, the joys of having no money of your own
Luke Roach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic