This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some AIs go always around

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apollon01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some AIs go always around
    Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 9:30am
Hello,

I have run into another issue.

I noticed that on one custom made airport I cannot get some AI planes to land. They go always around no matter if they are approaching rwy 09 or 27 (their approach altitude seemed rather high). The runway lengts is within the min runway length of the aircraft so no problem here.

The planes having problems are Piper Warrior and Piper Tomahawk from JustFlight. When I switch to another GA plane - no problem. I was even able to manage a cargo 747-400 to land on the same airport with no issue (after tweaking a bit the 747's min rwy length).

I noticed that the circuit flown (the flight plan was VFR) was rather short for the two JustFlight Pipers and longer for other GA planes. Any idea where to specify the characteristics of the circuits?

Or may the problem stem from something else?
Thanks for your ideas!

Milan
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 8:47pm
Hmmm, that's certainly an interesting issue. Considering other aircraft (and even a 747) managed to land successfully at the airport, I would assume the issue has to be specific to the Piper Warrior and Piper Tomahawk airplanes from JustFlight.

If you've played around inside Traffic X (and I know that you have) you will know that you can set up AI aircraft for either RAMP or GATE parking. Likewise, they can be set so they can land on HARD (tarmac) or SOFT (grass etc) runways. I wonder if the settings for the Piper Warrior and the Piper Tomahawk are set correctly?  If you have imported them in so that you can set Flight Plans for them, then you would be able to go to the relevant screen in Traffic X and confirm.

Failing that, I would contact Just Flight support. You may consider two messages to them ... one to Traffic X support and one to the specific support area(s) for the Piper Warrior and Piper Tomahawk.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic