This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > In Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Constellation (New images added!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Constellation (New images added!)
    Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 4:07pm

http://www.justflight.com/developProduct.asp?pid=288

The Constellation is one of the most graceful airliners ever to take to the air. With its streamlined and beautiful dolphin-shaped fuselage and triple-tail design, it cut a futuristic shape across the sky and set many "highest", "fastest" and "best" records - the L-1649A still holds the record for the longest-duration non-stop passenger flight, a remarkable 23 hours and 19 minutes covering almost five and a half thousand miles!

All the models have been meticulously researched and are highly accurate renditions. As a result, the true character of the Constellation shape has been replicated and rewards the viewer from all angles. The profile of the early version and the bulk and noise of those primitive Pratt & Whitney engines come through loud and clear.

Constellation has been developed by Aeroplane Heaven and will be released both on DVD-ROM and as a Download.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Jeremy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 12:35pm
Nice Martyn!
you and the team at Just Flight are putting together a beautyWink
When it's released, I think I might just have to buy it!LOL

Jeremy
berlopez View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 8:10pm
I've always been fond of Contellations, I have had them on my sim since Fs9 FSDzings model but this model was never completely finished by the original author as he passed away too soon, since the model has been taken by several sites and changed. never got the v/c that was promised... If this one becomes available here in DK I'll certainly get my copy
mike H View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 9:50pm
Hi Martyn,
     Can not wait to get this Connie always been a Big Favorite of mine. Just love the look of a Super G.  Fab looking aircraft.   Making space on my Hard Drive as I write this message!!!!

Regards mike H
In my eyes to Fly is more than Just Loving it.

It is a Passion we can all now Share within Flight Sim.

When in Doubt, Always go Around.

Regards mike H
hurricanemk1c View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurricanemk1c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 7:23pm
Same here! Can't wait!

Now, if anyone buys this beauty, make sure everything is working, take off from Shannon and DON'T crash in the mudflats!

Some Connies did that - KLM's Super Connie L101049E (fleet name Triton) did that!

Kieran

MXP View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MXP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 12:59pm
Cannot WAIT for that to come out.Smile
Maldivian Air Express

Please Visit http://maldives-mxp.myminicity.com/tra to improve my city. Thanks!
zenandzen View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenandzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2008 at 4:12pm
Hi,
good news this is in development.
On the product's first page it is mentioned as "L-1649A" but on the "more" page we see a list of
"L1049" so i'm wondering if we get both these models or are we talking about the same plane?
Also hoping we may get one in the livery of the H.A.R.S Connie.

http://www.hars.org.au/fleet/constellation/index.html
Cheers
Gerry

GeorgeM View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 12:41pm
I'm really looking forward to this one. Any idea of a time frame? I'm not trying to pin you guys to a specific date, but weeks? Months? Years? Any VC development shots?

Gotta start saving my Cargo Pilot virtual funds for this!
Trident View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 9:35am
I'malso looking forward to this release, I just hope the perspective issues are addressed before release, there is a definite 'toe in' on the engines in some shots which will jar a bit!
zenandzen View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenandzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 10:27am
While we wait for this release ,there is a newly released freeware Constellation at Avsim,......

search for ---Lockheed L-1649A Starliner, Version 1.1 W.I.P.----
Cheers
Gerry
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 12:16pm
New images have been added Smile
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 12:22pm
Quote On the product's first page it is mentioned as "L-1649A" but on the "more" page we see a list of
"L1049" so i'm wondering if we get both these models or are we talking about the same plane?

Hi, these are the aircraft that are currently in the pack:

Military C-69 fast transport 

L1049 Airliner

L1049 Super Constellation stretched fuselage and radar nose.

L1049 Super "G" Constellation (wingtanks etc.)

Quote I'm really looking forward to this one. Any idea of a time frame? I'm not trying to pin you guys to a specific date, but weeks? Months? Years? Any VC development shots?

Unfortunately we not sure about release dates at this point in development. I would guess at later this year, possibly early next year. Its very hard to tell

Quote I'malso looking forward to this release, I just hope the perspective issues are addressed before release, there is a definite 'toe in' on the engines in some shots which will jar a bit!

Yes that will be addressed. These images very much reflect a product that is 'in development'
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
mike H View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 1:16pm
She is looking even better Martyn Thumbs%20Up lt will be worth the wait, Well done to all the team at JF.
  Regards Mike

Regards mike H
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 10:13am
Virtual cockpit images added!
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
mike H View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2008 at 12:20pm
WTongueW  She is getting better and better with every post. Still counting the day's. Thanks Martynfor the pic's.   VC is just Fab. Thumbs%20Up

Regards mike H
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 8:16pm

When Will the game be realesd because it's been in development since july

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 10:34pm
Unfortunately we don't have a firm release date as yet. Best guess would be sometime around Jan/Feb...
johnsmithfsx View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmithfsx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 2:00am
Looks like a nice aircraft Thumbs%20Up
signmanbob View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signmanbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 4:45pm
This is real a good looking simulation.  How accurate is the flight deck systems?  It hope it is not a watered down version as far as accuracy and function in the cockpit.
I would love to see some previews that show flight deck functions.  Like a film on startup procedures.

You should get in contact with Cody Bergland of Jaggyroad Films and let him make some promo films showing this beauty at it's best. http://www.jaggyroadfilms.com/
Cody is the best and most talented in his field.

When will this be available for pre-order?  I believe I would like to have the boxed version of this product from the start.

Bob
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 5:22pm
Bob, we're already in touch with Cody about doing some other work for us.  I'd think Constellation Professional will be one that we give to Cody for him to do his stuff with.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic