This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Being close to AI traffic cause it not to continue
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Being close to AI traffic cause it not to continue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apollon01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Being close to AI traffic cause it not to continue
    Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 8:26am
Hello me again... (as you can see I really like Traffic X Smile),

I tried to closely follow an AI traffic that I created to fly just behind it and...

... I noticed that while taxying and taking off everything went just OK. I was able to fly just next to or begind the AI traffic which behaved correctly.

But once the AI traffic enters the circuit (it is VFR) and I am still close to it, it does not continue the circuit but flies straight instead. If I fly away to leave it alone it reestablishes in the circuit and continues to land (if I get close to it while it is on the finals, it does not land and makes a go around).

That is a pitty as I can imagine having a good fun flying together with some AI. Is there a way how to fix this or is it a FSX issue?

Thank you

Milan
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 8:55am
It's not Traffic X doing it.  It is the behaviour programmed in to FSX. Aircraft need to be able to do go arounds and avoid collisions (when taxiing etc) and other similar things. Otherwise there'd be all sorts of wierd behaviour in the sim. Things like two or more aircraft landing at the exact same time on top of each other would be one good example. So AI behaviour is progammed in FSX to work properly with their surroundings (which includes working properly with you, the "player").

You can certainly fly with the AI and follow them to their destinations. But, when it comes time to land, you merely need to keep the appropriate distance. Just as you would do if you were flying in the real world. Of course airfields that have multiple parallel runways will allow you to land side by side, one on runway "L" and one on runway "R" (or "C" if there is a centre runway).
apollon01 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apollon01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 9:14am

OK... that makes sense.

So no "military-like" landings with AI on my wing...

thanks

Milan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic