This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waypoints

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apollon01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waypoints
    Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 1:14pm
Hello,

After some time of using Traffic X I can say I am definitely a happy user!

... and I have 2 questions here:

1) Can I make a flight plan including more airports than just two? e.g. ELLX-EBBR-LFPG-ELLX

2) Can I send an AI traffic from an airport A to airport B through some waypoints?

Thank for your help.

Milan
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 9:37pm
I did try to do this editing a flight plan. I tried to go from A to B to C, back to B and then home to A. But the Flight Plan editor said "Airport C is not the same as the initial departure airport A" (or some words similar to that).

My suggestion ... try it and see.  It can't hurt to try.

That said, it would be really cool if you could do this. But, I think it may actually be a limitation of FSX that doesn't allow it, not Traffic X.
flying-w View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying-w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2009 at 5:09pm
1) If all else fails, this can be done through the FSX SDK
2) Don't think so, all AI flights are flow airport to airport on the great circle route.  There are facilities to have AI aircraft fly waypoints in Simconnect and it does work, but they don't operate under ATC.

Regards
Simon

SuperTrafficBoard V2.1 Now Available http://www.supertrafficboard.com
ranger View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 3:33pm
Hi
I think as long as you finish where you start it does work, I did it with three airports, but I think you must watch the minimum distance for the aircraft you are using, if one leg is too short the whole plan will fail.

Mike
ranger View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 4:02pm
HI

I have just created a flight plan with seven legs and it is working fine, if plans fail it is usually because an airport included in the plan is not able to receive the flight, lack of parking/suitable parking and even sometimes because the airport doesn't work at all because of runway or taxiway faults, this often occurs if you are using a small local airport or airfield that only has a stock AFCAD with no parking or other faults. It is worth downloading the free ADE if only to use it to check any airport you want to use for faults before you include it in a flight plan, a fault finder is included in the programme and you can see at a glance whether there is any parking available without using the fault finder.

Regards Mike
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 8:15pm
Interesting. Being able to do it will certainly reduce the number of AI flights in my own heavily edited Australian Flight Plan lists. It makes some sense to have ONE flight plan with ONE aircraft going from A to B and then from B to C; rather than TWO separate flight plans with TWO aircraft - one going from A to B and the other going from B to C.

As I mentioned above in my earlier post, I did try to something like this but the editor threw an error message back at me. Yes, I was flying in to smaller regional airfields and so, as Ranger says, the error may have been due to AFCAD errors. Hmmm.  Although I am certain those airfields were fine because I was able to populate them using the TWO flight plans method; setting one aircraft to go from A to B and then another aircraft to go from B to C.

But based on what Ranger has said above, it looks like this waypoint thing is certainly worth investigating further.
ranger View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 9:45pm
Hi Freddy,

If your airport is populated when you start it, it doesn't necessarily mean the flight plans will work, the programme will put an aircraft in a parking spot even if there is no runway, obviously this is an extreme but it means the aircraft will never leave. If you make a lot of plans as I do it is worth having a go with ADE, creating new parking is easy and also taxiways are not difficult and its great fun, practice on a remote place and always retain the stock AFCAD intact and you cannot spoil anything, it will enhance your FS experience.
When you start to look you will be surprised how many airports have errors, most of which are easy to correct, many have duplicate parking spaces (they are all numbered) this stops both being used but very simple to correct.I have VOZ installed for flying in Australia there are some good mods in that and loads of flight plans, there is an FSX version, I haven't checked out yet how it works with TrafficX but I suspect it will be fine. I also am pretty sure that you can put as many legs as you like in one flight plan, as long as you start and finish in same place. And if your final destination is a bit full you can get your flight to do some touch and goes for a while before it lands.

Mike

ranger View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 9:55pm
Useful link for info such as parking radius of aircraft distances between airports and other things  
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 12:55am
Yes, I make a lot of flight plans. I have populated every airfield in Australia that has at least one parking spot available (although I don't count the refuel position as a parking spot). This fills the skies and adds very much to the realism of the sim, regardless of which destination you are flying to.

I have toyed with the idea of possibly playing around with an AFCAD tool (there are a few around). ADE does get some good reviews and many people use it. But, for now, I am happy just mucking around with the base airfields as they are.  I haven't really found a requirement to dive into the realm of editing the airfields. Yet. Smile

(Although the issue I was seeing with Williamtown [YWLM] did almost have me doing a download.)

As for Aus scenery, I have also contemplated purchasing the FTX stuff. But, again, I have decided to stick with the "default" scenery. I don't mind the default stuff. And, besides, it means that if I choose to fly in the USA or wherever else, the scenery will look and feel the same.

ranger View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2009 at 8:49pm
Hi Freddy

I was referring to the free VOZ software which covers most parts of Aus and I have both the FS9 and the FSX version, I remember seeing something on their web site about starting produce some payware scenery one region at a time and eventually covering all of Aus.  I do find the AFCADS useful as they offer much better airport scenery for many parts of Aus.

Mike
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 1:25am
At one stage I was considering VOZ, but when FTX came along I changed my mind and started considering that. Purely a personal preference though. Both VOZ and FTX look very good. And, they also look quite similar in may respects. But, in the end, I decided to get neither and just stick with the "default" scenery. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic