This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BAe running out of fuel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSimmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BAe running out of fuel
    Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 7:48pm
I've selected the eurowings BAe146 from the Eurowings Professional add-on and can't suss out how to stop this thing from running out of fuel. I can't work out how to supply the centre fuel tank with fuel from the left and right hand tanks, the centre tank runs dry and obviously the engines stop, there's plenty of fuel in the other two tanks, i've tried different switch positions relating to the fuel supply in the overhead panel but nothing seems to work. I've tried logging onto the aerosoft website and after registering it seems impossible to post new topic on thier forum.
Any help would be appreciated as this aircraft is a serious cargo hauler and should earn some decent cash. Plus it's cost me £40million to buy!

kim92andersen View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim92andersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 8:12pm
If the fuel pumps dont work there is an other way to counter balance the fuel.
Go Aircraft - Fuel and Payloads... - Fuel.
And there you can balance out the fuel so the center tank is quite as full as the others.
PSimmo View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSimmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 10:10pm
Thanks - But i've already done this, all three tanks have the same amount of fuel, problem is, centre tank fuel level drops during flight, the other two tanks should feed the centre tank as it depletes, this isn't happening, centre tank runs dry whilst other two tanks are full of fuel. I need to be able to transfer fuel from either/both tanks during flight so i can complete my flight. The overhead panel has various switches to turn off/on fuel tanks/cross feeds etc, i've tried various configs to enable the tanks fuel to be shared, the instruction manual sketches oer this section, i think i'm going to have to persevere until i (hopefully) get the correct switch configuration. Either this or someone (you guys) are going tell me the solution.
This is a great forum.

allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 11:09pm

1) Post a screenshot of the fuel panel.

2) You can use the Fuel & Payload menu to transfer fuel in flight.  It's not realistic and it's not elegant, but it works.
Scooternjng View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scooternjng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 12:03am
Fly it in FS (Not CP) with an equal amount in all three tanks (Say ten percent, so you're not up forever).  If the outboard tanks still don't feed into the center tank then go to:

3) Talk to Eurowings Support.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke, Irish philosopher & statesman
PSimmo View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSimmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 6:48pm
Hi - Thanks for the replies, i've had another look at it and i have made a little progress, been able to carry on flying when centre tank is empty and then use left and right hand tanks, will ask for further assistance if i need it. thanks again.
JD-LincsUK View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD-LincsUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 10:12pm
I had this with the PAD Turbo Beaver - it was driving me nuts.

I set the fuel in the normal way before take-off, then about every ten minutes, I got a 'fuel running out' kind of message - or the engine just spluttered and died. Nuts because the two wing tanks were full.

Each time I was able to continue flying using the Ctrl-X to supposedly refill the tank - though it still kept running out every 10 minutes.

That was in FS9 on a CP flight. Today I flew the Turbo Beaver in FSX on a CP flight and didn't have this problem.
PSimmo View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSimmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 7:37pm
Exactly what i experianced, i like to leave my flight mid-way through on auto-pilot and pick back up later on, obviuosly i can't do this if it keeps running low/out of fuel, i don't want to keep cntl+X to keep refuelling, i think i sussed out the fuel panel on the overhead panel, not had time to fully try this out on a long flight yet though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic