This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aircraft Recommendation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruthus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aircraft Recommendation
    Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 6:51pm
Hi foks,

Returning to FSX again and looking for a new challenge. I have previously used the Flying Club aircraft as well as the DC-10 (with FDC Live Cockpit) depending on how I feel or where I fancy flying. I have tried the default aircraft but much prefer the extra realism and functionality of the commercial add-ins.

I would like to step up in sophistication from the DC-10 but am worried about going in completely over my head! I'd also like something a little smaller that I can get into more of the smaller fields

I have used Cargo Pilot to generate flights and will still do this, but I might use Xpax or the "Call" products from feelthere if I went with the legacy/erj.

I would like to tackle system complexity of the 737 professional or Legacy (perhaps even the ERJ) but am worried mostly about the navigation aspects.

With these full FMC sims are you totally outside the FS flight planner and have to load it all via the FMC?
What happens to the FS ATC? Does it still have a part to play? I quite like being directed around by it even if it is a little weak.
If you had to reccomend one from 737/erj/legacy which would it be? Seems legacy is the newer product but I assumme neither of the others comes up short on FSX
Is there another aircraft I have missed which you think might be suitbale for me?

Many thanks in advance, look forward to some informed thoughts

wisemanp View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisemanp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 9:33pm
Hi, firstly welcome to the forum!

I unfortunately don't have FSX, or many of the products you have mentioned, so I cannot recommend any of them...

On the FMC side of things, I do have the Wilco/feelthere Airbus Vol 1, which has a, in my opinion, brilliant FMC. There is still the option to 'Import FS Flight Plan'. Now obviously this will help you to stay with the default ATC side of things.

However, if you're looking for realistic ATC, there is nothing more realistic than joining VATSIM, the virtual air traffic simulation, where you are controlled live by other people.

I am afraid that is as far as I can help you...
Regards, Phil

You'll Never Walk Alone
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic