This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Flying Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warrior - how to remove a window

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apollon01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warrior - how to remove a window
    Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 10:09am
Hello all,

I finished a repaint of a Warrior model to give it a look of our club's Cadet and I have a little problem.

The Warrior has one row of windows more than the Cadet. Is it possible to remove the last row of windows from the Warrior model to make it look like the Cadet? Does anybody know how to do it? (if it is possible of course...)

Thanks a lot

Milan

Here is the link to the real Cadet

and here is my repaint

Warrior
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 10:12am
Hi,

Good repaint! Unfortunately it's not possible to edit that actual model to remove the repaint. However, a partial solution might be to locate the window texture in the Texture folder and paint it the same colour as the rest of the aircraft's body. You will probably see the rivets around the window still but you might be able to paint those out as well, unless the real aircraft you are basing it on still has them. Hope this is of some help
apollon01 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apollon01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 10:27am

Thanks for a very quick answer.

It sounds as a good solution... as long as I find the texture. The AeroSelect - Paint lets me modify three texture sets (someting like warrior_1 to warrior_3) but I haven't seen any window textures there.

Any idea where could I find them? Or have I missed them somewhere?

Thanks,
Milan
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 10:38am
What I would suggest is download DXTBMP from www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/ as it will allow you to open all the textures that the Warrior uses. Unfortunately I don't know exactly which texture you will be looking for but if you go to the Warrior folder in FS and look in the texture folders by dragging them into DXTBMP it shouldn't take you long to locate the one you need
apollon01 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apollon01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 10:48am

OK, great. I will try that.

Thanks for your help!

Milan

apollon01 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apollon01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 9:35am
OK... so I tried to localize the window texture nearly everywhere in the aircraft folder but it does not seem to exist... there are only reflections in dds format from inside the cockpit

any ideas?

thanks
Milan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic