This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FS dissapears after loading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capt mcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS dissapears after loading
    Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 5:25pm
Problem:  Open FS2004,  create a flight with Convair 240 airport selected time date and set to go.  Click on FLY NOW and it all dissapears.

BUT,

If I do the same thing with another plane selected and click on FLY NOW were all set to go.  If I click on Change Aircraft and choose the Convair 240 and change it everything goes correctly.  I'm now set to fly.

Question:  Why can't I get the Convair to load from the frist step above.  It states in the notes that it's okay to use with FS2002, FS2004, FSX.
This is a very nice plane and flys well, I just can't get it to load from the FLY NOW.

Any Ideas or help would be great.
www.airhauler.net/banner/banner.png-<captmcg>
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 11:34am
It is always advisable to load the default flight first (Cessna at Seattle) and then change the settings to the flight you desire. This is designed to stop problems like the one you are experiencing. Its alwways best to start the sim from a clean configuration.

As for the problem itself, where is this aircraft from (freeware, payware, download)??

Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
capt mcg View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capt mcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 5:01pm
This was a download from one of the flight simulator websites.  The zip file is originally from TGibson or the folks at California Classics.  when I shut down FS after going thru the Cessna and picking the Convair 240 I get the following message:

Creation failed - check if Sound file is available.

That really throws me.  I must not be thinking clearly.  I'm at a loss.
Oh, the other files with a Convair 540, and 340 work just fine.  I was able to load them up just fine.Confused
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 8:13pm
First as said above I would recommend that you start FS with the default flight set (everytime you launch FS) so you have a clean slate to start using.

If the error you are getting is todo with sound ten you may have a corrupt or damaged sound file in the sound folder in the aircraft folder.

Was this a manual installation or did it auto-install? Most likely a manual install so I would remove the aircraft that you are having problems with and start again and download the file again to make sure that you have a clean version  of all the files. Mabe you could backup the aircraft first before you totally delete it.

As I dont have that aircraft I cant say what file is damaged or missing, so the first plce to start is to try and re-download and follow the setup (start from scratch).
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
capt mcg View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capt mcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 6:51am
I totally deleted the file and re-downloaded the zip file and it was automatically placed into the aircraft files.  Same thing happens.  It's just driving me nuts.  I'm going to go through the sound file as well as the cfg. files to see if I can determine what in the world is happening.   Although I was able to download another model (Convair 340) which works just fine except for smoke coming from the exhaust continuously unless I cut the throttle down to start decreasing the airspeed.  The "I" (smoke) command doesn't stop it. Ouch

Maybe I should try and combine factors from each to come up with good working aircraft.Dead

Either way I'll let you all know what happens..  Thank you all for trying to help me out.
capt mcg View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capt mcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 2:29am
I have since debugged the problem.  I had to delete all associated files cv240, cv340 and cv580, as somehow the smoke issue started to  appear on them as well.  I reloaded them and had the same problem.  Then I noticed that there was a file that got installed from (download heaven) that didn't belong there.  It was associatd with the panels file from another aircraft.  I deleted it and now everything is working as it should be.  I'll try and remember what happened on this episode, so as not to waste peoples time for MY error in downloading.  It took time to go through and eliminate each element until I could tell what didn't belong.

thank you to all the advice and help.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic