This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F-117 Flaps, help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gustav109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F-117 Flaps, help
    Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 11:42pm
I have a problem with the flaps on the 117 download. When flaps are selected, the drag chute doors open instead. It causes a high decelaration and sinkrate usually resulting in a crash. I changed the key assignemnt for flaps but it still has the same effect. The warning yells 'sinkrate' and 'flaps' at me, but yelling at me doesnt help.

If anyone knows what to do, help is appreciated. If more info is needed, let me know. Thanks in advance.

Brad
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 11:45pm
Hi Brad,

The F-117 (along with the Concorde and Vulcan) doesn't actually have any flaps as it has a delta style wing. It makes it very tricky to land but it is true to real life
Gustav109 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gustav109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 11:48pm
I used to work on the 117 and it has integrated flaps (flaperons), they are in use as airspeed requires, just like the F-16. The landing speed required in-sim is unrealistic.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic