This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

95% of Music Pirated in 2008

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 95% of Music Pirated in 2008
    Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 2:13pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7832396.stm

I find this hard to believe.

Here's what I'd like to see:

* Music available in multiple formats (including MP3)
* HIGH BIT RATE (128 kbps on iTunes is poor. 256 kbps is better, but it needs to be AT LEAST 320 kbps to match CDs).
* GET RID OF DRM!

If they did that, they'd find that music piracy would fall. Despite DRM being removed from most of iTunes now, how can I convert them to MP3 so I can put the tracks on my mobile?

Best regards,
Vulcan.
icudan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icudan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2009 at 11:50pm
I brought a song on Itunes the other day but its write protected so i can't put it on my mobile, gutted. Unhappy
MarkH View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 12:28am
Icudan, iTunes will let you make a CD out of your song, then rip the song back from the CD to your computer with Windows media player, no DRMBig%20smile.

Cheers
Mark
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 1:18am
Originally posted by mark.hudson6 mark.hudson6 wrote:

Icudan, iTunes will let you make a CD out of your song, then rip the song back from the CD to your computer with Windows media player, no DRMBig%20smile.

* cough * What he said * cough *

There's another more direct method, but I'll let you guess what.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
icudan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icudan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 1:30am
Thanks chaps, seems so simple now, don't know why i couldn't  think of that, cheers. Wink
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 12:31pm
Burning to audio and then re-ripping will obviously give you loss though. If you can find the right tools (as Vulcan hints at) then you can strip the drm from the original.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic