This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Announcements > News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Airports 3 - North America

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Airports 3 - North America
    Posted: 12 Jan 2009 at 8:58am
The latest instalment in the World Airports series brings five fantastic airports to Flight Simulator X and 2004. World Airports 3 - North America will be available on DVD only, priced at £24.45/€29.95/$36.99, and is set for release on the 30th January - it's available to pre-order now!

All the following airports have been re-created to an astonishing level of detail, and among the unique features are custom-made runways, airport vehicles, breathtaking night lighting, interactive docking, full ILS navigation and lots more!

• Atlanta International (KATL)
  • Charlotte Douglas International (KCLT)
  • Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International (KCVG)
  • Nassau Lynden Pindling International (MYNN)
  • San Juan Luis Munoz Marin, Puerto Rico (TJSJ)

Two further airports will be also be available to purchase direct from the World Airports 3 - North America DVD if you wish to expand your US airport collection even further:

There's a huge selection of screenshots on the World Airports 3 - North America product page.

In addition, Alex 'Scotty' Ford has written a new blog which includes  'before and after' images of all seven airports. Take a look here - we think you'll appreciate the difference!

Note! The two airports below are available to purchase at low cost as additional airports directly from off of the World Airports 3 DVD if you desire. They are not included in the purchase price of World Airports 3.  

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
ppgstf View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgstf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 2:39pm

I would rather have seen the two 'extra ones' included in the base pack with San Juan and Nassau as the add ons.  I think LGA and MCI fit into most peoples view of "North America" than San Juan and Nassau. 

World Airports 2 was a complete frame hog, any news that this one is any better for FS9?

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 3:22pm
Hi,

World Airports 3 is frame rate friendly, although bear in mind that highly detailed airport scenery in a major urban area will inevitability lead to some frame rate loss

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
ppgstf View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgstf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 3:37pm

Do you have any idea why San Juan and Nassau were chosen over LGA and MCI for the original five?

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 4:01pm
Hi ppgstf,

That was just the decision that we came to when coming up with the extra packs. We appreciate your input but I'm afraid that we won't be changing that decision

Thanks
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
ppgstf View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgstf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 8:06pm
That was just the decision that we came to when coming up with the extra packs. We appreciate your input but I'm afraid that we won't be changing that decision

I didn't expect you to, I only asked because I thought that San Juan and Nassau were extremely strange choices to have in in a North American airport package.  San Juan is considered North American but my atlas clearly puts Nassau in the Bahamas! I'm sure simmers would have prefered LGA and MCI in the original package with the option to purchase the other two.

I think we both know that had the package been the other way round, not many would have chosen Nassau and San Juan as extra purchases, thus reducing your chance to get extra revenue from the product.  I won't be buying it (I know that's my choice) for just 3 airports, however good and frame friendly they are.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic