This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Flying Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seneca issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seneca issues
    Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 9:26pm
Hello everybody,

First of all, I wish y'all an Happy New Year!!

I just bought the Seneca II, I made just a quick flight and I got issues already:

- After engine shut-down, battery remain ON even after flipping the BAT switch several time, look like it does nothing.

- Same issue with the avionic master switch. Flipping switch do nothing.

- I am flying real Seneca III everyday (I'm flight instructor/examiner) which is 220HP instead of 200HP of the Seneca II. Well, even with 40HP more, I can't get close to the performance you get with this one in cruise, too fast flying aircraft compare to real one and the airframe from Seneca II to Seneca III is exactly the same. I don't have numbers available right now to compare but I can do a very precise comparison between both if that might help you to correct airfile a little bit.

- Pimer switches do nothing, normally the start-up sequence (for the Seneca III which is fuel injected, don't know about Seneca II if it's carb or inject) should be:

Mixture full rich
Propeller full forward
Throttle full forward
Prime the engine until peak of fuel flow (take around 2 sec. but not working in JF plane)
Throttle back idle then approx. 1 inch
Starter engage

In no case you prime with throttle as describe in check-list of JF plane). If you do it the right way then it will start up without any problem at all (hot, cold, whatever case and safely).

Only 1 flight done so bare with me if I miss something somewhere...

Might report more inacuracy after few more flight if you are interested.

Thanks for your help to find out why I've got those issues.

Best regards,

Alex
You can't soar with eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys!!
Bradpl6 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradpl6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 10:37pm
Contact JF technical support they will get back to you on or soon after the 5th
Alexair View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 10:59pm
Allright then, I'll do that.

Thanks mate...

Regards,

Alex
You can't soar with eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic