This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Captain Sim B757 FSX 4.2 Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sindela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Captain Sim B757 FSX 4.2 Issues
    Posted: 26 Dec 2008 at 3:24pm
Hello Friends

After buying this product with the additional add ons, I thought I would post the common problems that I see so others can join in if they are having the same issues.

1-Ram Air Turbine:  Once deployed, it will not retract even when you start another flight.  This is not normal.  Normal procedure would be once deloyed and then you land it will stay deployed.  However, when you start another new flight it should reset and not be deployed, i.e. it should be retracted.

2-Violent rocking Aerlions above FL200++.  CS is aware but no definite correction at this time.

3-At FL with VNAV and LNAV engauged, when uncoupling the Autopilot, no manual control.  If you load FSUIPC 4.3 some have seen this problem go away.

4-Tracking fix with LNAV, see item 2 above.  The plan will go into excessive bank more than 30 degrees.  For a long flight, this can cause the aircraft to crash.

5-When importing FS flight plan through CDU, can crash the PC.

6-Some other minor issues but they are manageable.

In summary, CS B757 FSX has many good points but the above just makes the plane very very difficult and unrealable to fly in my opinion.

I have many other payware aircraft and have no major issuse like the ones above.

In conclusion, if others have issues like to ones above it would be nice to know so others that are trying to fly this bird wont think it is just their PC and start removing, reloading, etc and etc.

Best Regards
Regards

Allen
fly60 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fly60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2009 at 11:33pm
I can add to the list. Engines will not start the proper way but only with CTR+E.  Altitude Hold is not respected, my aircraft just kept climbing and could not get it to stop.
The issues with this CS 757 just seems to keep coming. I have given up on it.
scon View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 4:36am
Originally posted by fly60 fly60 wrote:

I can add to the list. Engines will not start the proper way but only with CTR+E.  Altitude Hold is not respected, my aircraft just kept climbing and could not get it to stop.The issues with this CS 757 just seems to keep coming. I have given up on it.

With the engines, are you turning both packs off. Originally I wans't as I don't in the Level D 767, rather I leave them on Auto. But the CS 757 requires both to be turned off.
fly60 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fly60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 7:39am
Yes I am turning both packs off. The most annoying aspect is the altitude hold..my aircraft just keeps climbing into stratosphere..now that is strange.
I have always enjoyed my Level D, in my opinion it is the best simulation..perfect every time in every way.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by sindela sindela wrote:

2-Violent rocking Aerlions above FL200++.  CS is aware but no definite correction at this time.

I have found a fix for that particular one as I was suffering it as well. It's not 'official' but it certainly works. For me this was the problem that made it unusable for me, but now I applied the fix, i've been flying it for hours without this occuring.

Thanks to 'Long_Ranger' from the CS forum for this. Basically navigate to where the CS 757 is installed in your FSX directory and in the aircraft's folder you'll find a file named 'aircraft.cfg'. Back this up before modifying it in case anything goes wrong. Then open the file and find the line that says "AP_Roll_controlstep=2850". Simply change the 2850 to 1500, save and take her for a flight. This fixed it for me.

Originally posted by sindela sindela wrote:

3-At FL with VNAV and LNAV engauged, when uncoupling the Autopilot, no manual control.  If you load FSUIPC 4.3 some have seen this problem go away.

I can confirm that replacing FSUIPC 4.4 (included with the product) with 4.3, which is freely available from the FlightSim.com file library, solved this problem for me.
Kind regards,
Tom
scon View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

[QUOTE=sindela]

I have found a fix for that particular one as I was suffering it as well. It's not 'official' but it certainly works. For me this was the problem that made it unusable for me, but now I applied the fix, i've been flying it for hours without this occuring.

Thanks to 'Long_Ranger' from the CS forum for this. Basically navigate to where the CS 757 is installed in your FSX directory and in the aircraft's folder you'll find a file named 'aircraft.cfg'. Back this up before modifying it in case anything goes wrong. Then open the file and find the line that says "AP_Roll_controlstep=2850". Simply change the 2850 to 1500, save and take her for a flight. This fixed it for me.

Thanks hugely, I will try this when I get home
Trump View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 10:34pm
i have all these problems with banking its really annoying i was looking forward to the product but merely disapointed the autopilot dont work properly whats the point of it!
help
Ian D View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2009 at 10:42am
I am so confused with this add on pack as to whether it is my system that needs updating or faults with the software. I have installed captain Sim on both FS9 and FSX. On FS9, the brakes message appears and cant turn off when landing, the crew announcements wont work, seatbelt noise, heading selecter wont work. On FSX apart from the frame rates (which i am getting a new system) i can not see the IRS gauge, the engines or the landing gear..strange .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic