This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EDITED CARGO PILOT FOR CHEAP AIRCRAFT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymsheba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EDITED CARGO PILOT FOR CHEAP AIRCRAFT
    Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 2:01am
Hi guys,

I have managed to successfully edit Cargo Pilot so you can buy any aircraft from a cheap cessna to a 747 for only a couple of hundred thousand dollars instead of millions, i am the same as some people where i wish i could fly the bigger Jets from the start but have had to plow through slowly building my money up each week in the hope i could buy that 747 but no longer after some hard hours trying to get inside the program i had the breakthrough i was looking for last night at 3am.

As far as i know no one else has managed to do this worldwide i have searched everywhere on the internet for this ability but to no avail so i thought i would try myself, as you can understand this lets you have a 747 straight from the start of the game for only 200 thousand dollars or less.

And the best thing is you do NOT have to start a game from new to do this edit, you can edit your current game so you can now afford that brand new 747 you have been saving up for.

As yet i have not had a go at the Bases but will try that out soon and post my findings on that as well.

So here it is how to edit the aircraft so you can afford any plane in CARGO PILOT from anytime in the game and best thing is it does not do any permanent changes to your programs or aircraft this works for FSX or FS9.

I have Vista and FSX Deluxe.

Step 1:
navigate to your aircraft folder where all your aircraft are stored for FSX it is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes

Step2:
Choose the aircraft folder you want to buy cheap in cargo pilot and open it, in my case i want to buy that nice big fat 747 jet:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\b747_400

Step 3:
Make a backup copy of the aircraft.cfg that is in the folder and call it something like aircraft - Copy.cfg

Step 4:
Open aircraft.cfg with notepad.

Step 5:
Scroll down to the section [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE] it is about halfway down just after [CameraDefinition.xxx] section (the .xxx will be the last camera definition ie: [CameraDefinition.004] in my case it is .004)

Step 6:
Change the values in my case max_gross_weight = 875000 to read max_gross_weight = 1000 after you change that value do the same for empty_weight = 394088 to read half of gross weight in my case empty_weight = 500

Step 7:
Close and save aircraft.cfg that you have been editing.

Step 8:
Now start Cargo Pilot, once you are at your office screen goto the section where you buy your aircraft and scroll down the list to the model name of the aircraft you were just editing in my case the 747 and you should see the cost of your aircraft is now only Price to buy: $221,946.12 as you can see the aircraft values are determined by the weights of the aircrafts very simple really so you can get them cheaper if you lower the values even lower.

Step 9:
Once you have bought your aircraft you need to change the aircraft back to their normal original prices before flying (the reason being you have changed characteristics of aircraft ie weights of aircraft) to change back to normal prices you do this by exiting Cargo Pilot and open your aircraft folder that you edited in my case:
 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\b747_400

Step10:
Delete the file aircraft.cfg (yes thats right delete it) and rename your backup copy in my case i renamed aircraft - Copy.cfg to aircraft.cfg

Step 11:
once you have done this close all windows and when you next open Cargo Pilot the price of the aircrafts are back to their original prices in my case edited Boeing 747-400 Price to buy: $221,946.12 has been returned to original price of Boeing 747-400 Price to buy: $269,441,468.70 the aircraft you bought are also back at their original prices to buy and sell so you could actually buy a heap of aircraft and then sell them off and make instant millions of dollars so you can afford more bigger and better bases.

I hope you enjoy this breakthrough i have managed to work out and please feel free to spread the info.

All i ask is that you give me credit when passing onto others as i to my knowledge am the only person to have managed to do this for Cargo Pilot in the world and it took me a lot of hours working through this.

Any comments welcome please

Cheers,
Mike Elliot (kymsheba)
Port Augusta, South Australia, Australia
Cheers,
Kymsheba
montkaissy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montkaissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 12:44pm

Hi,

I dont want to underestimate what you have done. Some might find it helpful and some might not.

In my opinion that you always aim for a bigger plane , hence more cargo, hence more money and so on.

I mean there should be always an aim for a bigger plane.

I am using CP for over a year now, started with a cessna caravan, and now i can afford the 747 and even the airbus 380 i have.

But on reaching to this level ,you will find that you have nothing to do after that, and this took the shine off the game ,as it rendered aimless

This is my personal opinion, and i dont mean to let you down.

M. KAISSY
M.Kaissy
kymsheba View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymsheba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 1:13pm
Hey mate no probs with your views and i agree with that it stops the goal of working your way to the top but if you are like me and have played this game ever since it has been released you will find that you don't always want to  start from scratch and if your like me i don't play for the working towards the bigger aircraft i play because i like the assignments of cargo but i want to do it in my favourite plane not wait 2 months before i could afford the jet i am after.

So it is intended for those that want to fly their personal favourite aircraft from the start and don't want to spend months getting to that aircraft.

But thanks for your opinion Smile much appreciated i like to hear others persons view on things makes great conversation and thought.

Any more comments from people all views appreciated.

cheers,
Mike Elliot
Cheers,
Kymsheba
montkaissy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montkaissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 1:49pm

Thank you for your reply and i will wait for (bases edit)

good luck
M. KAISSY
M.Kaissy
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 1:57pm
I hate to burst your bubble, but this method (with a lot less detail) of changing the AC characteristics in aircraft.cfg to make it cheaper to buy was posted in the old forum many months ago.
kymsheba View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymsheba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 2:39pm
hi mate are you sure about that? i see many requests for this thing and no one has any answers for them could you post the link if you have it so i can see for myself and check it against mine.

i have never found anything about this solution on the forums anywhere at this site on old forums or new and anywhere else on the web.

would be an interesting read.

cheers,
Mike Elliot
Cheers,
Kymsheba
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 2:42pm
I'll look, but I understand searches in the old forum are not pretty.

I'm quite sure.  The guy talked about changing parameter settings in aircraft.cfg (don't recall which ones) and getting a 747 for the price of a Piper Cub.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 2:49pm
Here it is.  It was posted on October 20, 2007 by username "Casperjohn"

As I said, sorry to burst your bubble...

"Gents,

Thanks for the reply. I did find a way to get all the money that I would ever need.

***CHEAT ALERT***
I exited cargo pilot and opened the standard 747-400 aircraft.cfg file and changed the empty_weight, and the max_gross_weight to that of the piper cub. Next I started cargo pilot and purchased the 747-400 for the cost of the piper. I exited CP again and went in and changed the weights back to the original. You can do this to any aircraft that you want and stop there, or you can sell the 747 for the full price ($100 mil+) then use the money to buy anything you wish. I currently have $5 Billion and all the hubs and aircraft I could ever want. all I need to do is boost my flying hours.

Enjoy,

Casper"
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 2:56pm
For bases, you should go to Aircraft Configuration in CP and reset the range of one AC to about 30,000 NM.  Exit and re-start CP to allow the change to take effect.  Every airport in the world will be available as a base.

Buy what you want, then reset the AC range and exit and re-enter CP before trying to generate cargo. 

That's an old one too...
JD-LincsUK View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD-LincsUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 8:38pm
Hmmm, can't see me doing this.

Yeah, I changed the config so I could use the time acceleration without penalty, but I want to be forced to use the smaller aircraft and work up to the bigger stuff.

Having said that, I did save my profile after the first pay day so that I can skip the very first stage in future.

The main reason for that was just that I found it so damned hard to decide which aircraft to buy next.

I understand where you're coming from, though - and hey, if it suits your purpose - go for it. Clap
kymsheba View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymsheba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 12:34am
hi guys,

well POP went my bubble alright ., oh well at least i worked it out for myself it was tedious but a good learning experience along the way i will keep plugging away and try to change some different things with cargo pilot and report back if i find anything.

Thanks for the info about it being done before and i look forward to chatting with you guys again.

cheers,
Michael Elliot
Cheers,
Kymsheba
JMsheldon View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMsheldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 1:35am
whenever I try to save it, it says access denied. 
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by JMsheldon JMsheldon wrote:

whenever I try to save it, it says access denied. 
You probably use Vista?

JMsheldon View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMsheldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 8:55pm
No I use Windows 7. I have tried everything and I got it once, but now I'm trying again.
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 1:26pm
Try moving it to the desktop, do the edits, save it and move it back.  Or turn UAC off.  Another one that works for some is to set all FSX folders and subfolders to Admin rights, ie full access.

oops old post.....the perils of medication side effects.

Steve
lucskywalker View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucskywalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 3:49pm
How did you managed to avoid acceleration penalty? :o

I didn't play this game for long time now thanks to this realism nonsense..

Ikedaman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ikedaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 8:29pm
Hate to change the subject but this is the only post I can find for Cargo Pilot - anyone know how to avoid the automatic 2% maintenance incurred after every flight?
A lot of times it is more than you make on the cargo delivery.
Ikedaman View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ikedaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 12:31pm
to avoid the time acceleration penalty edit the CargoPilot.cfg file.
change the monitorSimrate value to no.

it seems to me AirHauler is the natural result of all the "problems" with CargoPilot like acceleration penalty (no gotoAirport or slew though), forced 2% maintenance/depreciation (100 hr. and bad flying damage are realistic though) , millions every Friday, etc.
i still like CargoPilot for FS2004 - never been able to get AirHauler to work correctly in FS2004 although it is flawless in FSX.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic