This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ai-smooth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ai-smooth
    Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 4:36pm
I am new at this' I have the boxed version of traffic 2005 and have it installed on fs2004. I am not sure if the ai-smooth is working properly, because I have noticed that a lot of ai air crafts are being told to go around. plus when I disconnect from fs the ai-smooth does not disconnect automatically. Plus I have  noticed that when I open the ai-smooth it shows, the following ai-smooth traffic 2005 connected on fsuipc 0.0 is this okay.

some help or suggestions would be most helpful

Thank You.
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 5:38pm
Hi there,
AI-smooth's job is to make sure that there is adequate seperation between your AI traffic so if you have alot of traffic installed then you will have alot of traffic put into hold until there is enough space to let it begin an aprroach.  I started with AI-smooth but found it made my AI situation worse as it would send nearly all my aircraft (apart from 1 or 2 into a hold and then woudl release maybe 1 or 2 every so often so the result was that I had about 100 planes stacking very low over London. Try editing the settings in ai smooth but TBH I didnt get too much joy with AI-smooth.  

I now use AI Seperator which is another utilitiy which sorts out the seperation between landing AI traffic. I have found that this works much better and you are able to say how close you would like traffic. If traffic gets to close then the program is designed to slew the aircraft back to a safe distance, resulting in a constant stream of arrivals (well thats the idea). Worked a treat for me - just personal preference.

AI Seperation can be found in abvsim under -  fsaisv1.1.zip. Try using it and see if it works better for you.

Regading you FSUIPC, amke sure yiou have the latest version installed but FSUIPC needs to be installed to use any outside utility that communicates with FS as this is how they talk to each other. Think I am on version 3.75.

Hope this helps   
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic