This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Problem Shared...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Problem Shared...
    Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 10:59am
I've had an idea. Because the staff don't get the chance to answer all questions via this forum and would rather us contact technical support may I suggest you copy and paste any e-mails you send them requesting help here in this thread so that we can share the info and evolve together. It will cut down on duplicated questions for sure and may provide quicker or additional solutions to your problems than just contacting Technical Support alone.

I will kick start it all with an e mail I have just sent them. If anyone can help in the meantime please do and obviously I will post any solutions given to me via e-mail here too. I hope you will all help to make this work by pasting your e-mails here. Thanks.

"I have installed SP1 but the problem remains. Palmair has now been added to the Airline / Carrier list but neither this airline or Wizzair show up in the FLIGHTPLANS list for editing or TRAFFIC MOVEMENTS list for de-selection before compiling. Please can anyone tell me how to access the flightplans of these airlines?"  
CK View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 12:48pm

Technical support have got back to me to say they are looking into this problem. I will update this as and when (hopefully not "if") I get a solution.

CK View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 5:44pm

Sad to say that a week has now passed and still no advice from Just Flight regarding this issue. There must be a simple solution to this surely?

CK View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 7:56pm

2 weeks since reporting this problem... and... drum roll... 

NO INFO whatsoever.

Happy Christmas to you too Just Flight.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2008 at 9:20pm
Hi,

Your e-mail has definitely been responded to.

Please drop me an e-mail: martyn@justflight.com

Thanks

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
CK View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 8:14am
As stated above I had an e-mail on 11.12.08 saying it was being looked into but I never received anything further and certainly no solution.

Please e-mail me this again if you have found one so that I can relay the information here to anyone else who would like to be able to edit these particular flightplans.

FOD View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 2:12pm
CK,

I've been looking at this and managed to get both Wizz and "Palmair European" into the air. So, pending JF's response, the following might help:

You can get Wizz Air up and running by using the TCC fleet database to associate a fleet with the airline. In this case the aircraft is a single A320. Once that's done, the airline shows up in the Flight Plans section of the TCC {without any FP} and you can insert your own as per.

Palmair is more difficult - do you mean "PalmAir European" as I could not find Palmair itself in the carrier list? If the former, again there seems to be only one aircraft - it has the Palmair European livery but here there seems to be errors in the aircraft.cfg. I also had to make a couple of additions to other files to get flight plans in so, unless you are very happy with digging into the file structure, it might be safer to wait for JF.

John R

CK View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 5:00am
John, first and foremost thank you for your time in responding to this. I think I understand what you are saying and that I could make flightplans for Wizzair by doing the above. The problem I have though is that it is the flightplans already loaded by default that I need to access as they are flying into the wrong airports. You say that by getting the airline to show up in the Flight Plans in the way you did happened without any FP so I would still have the same problem.

I will do the above however and see how I get on. Thanks again for showing an interest in helping me. 
FOD View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008 at 10:45am
I suspect that the Wizz 320 has been allocated to another airline. I saw this with a UK budget airline which was taken over by another carrier {real world} and the old livery is now flying as part of the new carrier's fleet {one up to JF}.

If you check the Wizz schedule file you will see whether there are any Wizz FP - mine was empty.

John
CK View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2008 at 6:49am
Hi John - do you mean check the Wizz schedules found at:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\TrafficX\Presets\Data\Schedules

If so I can't open the files as they end in .TCC which is not recognised - how did you check your schedule files?

By the way Martyn e-mailed me from Just Flight yesterday to say the developers are addressing the issue but will not be back in until 5th January 2009 so there will be no official solution before that date.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
FOD View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2008 at 8:42am
Don't need to open it - just check the size of WZZ.tcc. {I think that was the file; I'm not at home at the moment}, Mine was zero.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
CK View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 7:45am
Hmmm - the plot thickens. There isn't a WZZ.tcc in that folder. I tried all the "W" .tcc's in case it was under a different name but none of them were zero so I think I'll just go over there and let my head explode.
FOD View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2008 at 6:58pm
That's because TCC does not have a unique carrier "Wizz Airlines" with a fleet.  If you wish, try this:

1.  Go into the Airline/Carrier Codes"  page. If you scroll down you should find "Wizz Air, WZZ, Hungary".  Select Apply and Exit.

2.  Open Fleet Database and select "edit paint scheme".  Scroll the aircraft until you get to the Airbus A320 Wizz Air.  Highlight and then under airline /carrier scroll until you get to Wizz Air. I also deleted the VALID TO date so that I could get the airline flying as and when.

3.  Select "Apply and Exit"

4.  Select the "Flight Plans"page

5.  Under Airline/Carrier, right click, sort by name, and scroll down to Wizz Air.  You will see that the Flight plan area is empty {as is the WIZZ.TCC file at present}.  Fill in the flight plans as you wish for Wizz Air, save the changes,  and away you go!

QED - Good Luck

John R
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic