This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Functionality of the 747 product?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Functionality of the 747 product?
    Posted: 07 Dec 2008 at 7:10pm
Hi!

Does the upcoming 747-200/300 product have an authentic autopilot system and INS? I know it's an F-Lite product so it has reduced functionality, but what's the level of realism like because as far as I'm aware there isn't a product that models the 747 classic in full detail like PMDG/LD etc?
Kind regards,
Tom
GabethePilot View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 8:17pm
There is a Lite version of the FMC and an INS system. The AVSIM review seems to think it is reasonably accurate as far as flying it goes.

It isn't as complex as the PMDG...of course not - hence the term "Lite". But it is a very good intro to the heavies......after all, not everyone wants to spend an hour getting to the runway !

Note: the new PMDG MD-11 has a user-friendly approach with the ability to start the aircraft at different flight phases. There is also the Maddog MD 80 Pro...which is very user-friendly too with graphical tutorials.

I aim to start with the CLS 747 Lite...then move to the Maddog and finally on to the MD-11.

The MD-11 also has twice the framerate of the PMDG 747 and Level D 767 both of which are ports from the FS9 versions and suck big time when it comes to performance.

Hope that is useful to you. Have a nice Xmas and may your God go with you.

twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 12:53pm
Thanks for the help!

I am fairly familiar with the products you've mentioned and am myself very in to the complex and ultra realistic systems simulations like PMDG etc. I've been flying the SSTSIM Concorde and the Digital Aviation Fokker 100 most recently which are aircraft that have to be flown by the book otherwise you're not going anywhere!! It's a shame that it's a Lite version - there really aren't any complex simulations of the Classic Jumbo Unhappy

Thanks anyway!  Merry Xmas to you too.
Kind regards,
Tom
gordy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 6:34pm
Tom
There is the RFP747 for FS9. I think you can find it for free somewhere. I have the RFP & CLS747, which is the same as the FLite, & it has more in-depth functions, FFRATS, autoflight system, multiple INS etc. Not FSX friendly tho.

Gordy  
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by gordy gordy wrote:

Tom
There is the RFP747 for FS9. I think you can find it for free somewhere. I have the RFP & CLS747, which is the same as the FLite, & it has more in-depth functions, FFRATS, autoflight system, multiple INS etc. Not FSX friendly tho.

Gordy  

Thanks! I've just found the freeware RFP 747. I might give it a go, but is it supposed to be freeware? I'm asking because JF still sell it for £13.99 and I don't download pirate products!!
Kind regards,
Tom
gordy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2008 at 4:03pm
As I understand it, the developer, Ralph Tofflemire of Ralph's Panelshop (I think), released it into the public domain. I think it's on Avsim, & they won't support piracy. I'm sure someone will point it out if that's not right. With the JF version you're getting a disc & support etc
I might add that I bought the original for FS2002 and then the FS9 update also, so I've paid my dues!

Gordy
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2009 at 6:44pm
I have never used the RFP747 as the programs such as the loading editor and the main add-on itself didn't seem to co-operate together, the pc was saying it was two completely different programs and so unless i want the same weight all the time i don't fly it, shame really
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2009 at 6:48pm
I have the freeware RFP - it's available on Simviation.com
Brilliant add-on, but it was designed with FS2002 in mind so the panel's aren't as "photogenic" as most new add-ons.
It's rather detailled though, and I can't fault it for free.
Luke Roach
Stringbean View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 8:53am
Originally posted by GabethePilot GabethePilot wrote:

the PMDG 747 and Level D 767 both of which are ports from the FS9 versions and suck big time when it comes to performance.

Both aircraft were re-written from the ground up as they say for FSX. They are not ports. I have the Level D in FSX and get a good 15 FPS when on the ground at busy Gatwick Xtreme addon airport with all it's buildings and lighting on and using a Traffic addon along with Active Sky for my weather. My PC specs are pretty average now by todays standards using just a 512Mb graphic card and 2Gigs of RAM. No problems here. Wink
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 9:17am
My FS9 PMDG MD-11 and 747 both give brilliant performance, I have no complaints whatsoever. They give me 20% + better frame-rates from CLS and PSS products which is pretty impressive.
Luke Roach
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 11:12am
Well I'm surprised that the LevelD 767 and PMDG 747 were "written for FSX - from the ground up".

With those two I get 15-20 fps at Aerosoft's Heathrow, compard to 35 with the PMDG MD-11.

What gives ?
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 11:30am
I get slightly better performance with the MD-11, but nothing as extreme as that.
Luke Roach
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 3:41pm
Well the PC Pilot (UK) magazine reviewer - Jane Whitaker - also had some 50-odd percent better performance with the MD-11...completely different beast it appears...Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic