This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Idiots and Lemmings!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Idiots and Lemmings!
    Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 2:03pm

Have you ever had one of those days when the world seems to be chock full of morons?

Had one today...

Arrived at petrol station, as usual, despite the signs above the pumps that clearly state that customers should queue both sides of the pumps, the idiots make one single queue, blocking others from choosing a pump to queue behind, potentially causing a traffic jam in the process.

Go to pay the girl for my petrol and when I say 'pump 6' she stares at me blankly. I say 'pump 6' again a bit louder and she gets the message, she demands £30 quid and then stares again at me blankly. I'm a bit frustrated by this point so I stare back, eventually she gets the message and hands me my receipt. I keep staring at her; I want more from her you see. 'Oh sorry’ she says and hands me my £10 change.

Get to the island by the petrol station and some idiot decides he's in the wrong lane and drifts toward me, I sound my horn. He backs off a bit and then still cuts in front of me.

Get to Sainsbury to buy my favorite mag and a bar of chocolate and the idiots are there too. I approach the quick pay tills, two of them, one is free. Slap my mag and chockie down and some woman taps me on the shoulder and says 'sorry we are queuing here' I turn round and they have formed one queue, for two tills, about 5 meters away. I comply of course and queue up behind them. After a minute or two I say 'why don't we form two queues, it is two tills you know' one guy shrugs, and an elderly guy says 'that's how it was when we got here and you don't argue with a woman’.

What a strange world we live in.

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 2:11pm
Should have gone to Tesco Wink
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 6:29pm
The petrol station WAS at Tesco! Big%20smile

Trouble is useless Tesco never have New Scientist in stock on a Thursday so I have to nip down the road to Sainsburys. Wink They can't be much cop if they don't have my favourite mag on the day it's out.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 7:27pm

Whilst on the subject of idiots/morons don't you just hate drivers who hoot for absolutely no reason - like when you pass them on a roundabout for instance - then they aim rude gestures out the window at you mouthing unwitty comments of which I won't repeat!?

Kind regards,
Tom
Old Flapper View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Flapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 12:15am
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

The petrol station WAS at Tesco! Big%20smile

They can't be much cop if they don't have my favourite mag on the day it's out.

New Scientist my arse!

You're fooling no one, it was Razzle. We all know it was!
Everyone's entitled to my opinions
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 1:17am
Martin slips his copy of New Scientist in between a copy of Razzle to prevent embarrassment Geek  
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 8:34am

Don't think Sainsburys have naughty mags do they? Of course Tesco would because they like to attract the likes of Ras And Flappy. 

I display my nerdy mag with pride... and that's nerdy mag not nudy mag.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 12:57pm
PC Pilot on the shelf today if you fancy another trip out...Big%20smile
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 1:04pm
Something else they don't stock at Tescos! Disapprove
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 5:54pm
I get PC Pilot from WHSmith.
Kind regards,
Tom
theryanbradley View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 6:34pm
My local Tesco stocks both New Scientist, PC Pilot & (the [intelligent] magazine that I buy on a regular basis) PCPro...

Must be just an regional thing.

Lemmings makes me think about the SNES (i think) game with little pink characters.. God I wasted way too much time on that game and toe, jam & earl. Reminiscing.....
Many Thanks,

Ryan

There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 6:39pm
Tesco stock new Scientist by me but it comes out on a Thursday. Never in on a Thursday at Tesco, always in at Sainsburys. Never seen PC Pilot there, on the odd occasion I buy a copy I get it from Smiths.

The Tesco by me is one of those super big stores, they are great for food quality and non food items but expensive for food.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

The Tesco by me is one of those super big stores, they are great for food quality and non food items but expensive for food.

Tesco's food quality is good, I agree.  But, Asda do the best supermarket-bought pizza's!! .
Kind regards,
Tom
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 7:24pm
Let me get this straight...  You're paying almost $10/USG and they have LINES at the pumps??? 

My favorite station has10 two-sided pumps and there is ALWAYS an empty bay.  There are times at other places when I may have to wait for one car in front of me to finish - never more than that.

It sounds like more stations are needed.  Competition keeps the customer happy.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 10:35pm

This one has three double sided bays John.  Twelve pumps in total. There would be queues, there usually is, but the idiots come along and instead of queuing behind each pump [or pair of pumps actually there's one at the front and one behind] they park way back and wait for the next pump to become available, blocking traffic in the process.

How much is your petrol?

allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 11:43pm
It's up to $3.48/USG now, which we consider shockingly high.  (I'm not expecting any sympathy here...) I'm sure the huge difference in cost between ours and yours is a difference in the tax rate.  Your tax rate must be in excess of 200% for fuel, as the cost of procuction can't be very different between your fuel and ours.

But since it's "green" you can't complain.  It's the first, but not the last of the carbon taxes we'll all be paying soon.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 11:50pm
By the way, I don't think it's a case of idiots and lemmings, it's a case of chiselers, the "Me First" syndrome.  The thought process is, "If I pick one line to get into and another moves faster, someone else will get their fuel before me - I'll wait here and then I'll be in ALL the lines.  That way, no matter which one opens first it's MINE."  It's pure selfishness - you give them too much credit.
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 12:04am
Originally posted by allardjd allardjd wrote:

It's up to $3.48/USG now

Wow it was only $3.25 when I was there a couple of weeks ago Confused

My cheapest diesel locally is £1.14 / ltr now they are talking £1.50 by Autumn.  Oh well at least we will get more clubcard points.  I may have to ride to work on an bike, should only take around 4 hours.

/Sarcasm
aniceguy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniceguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 4:45pm
Tesco is everything these days. Insurance, food, clothes, catalog (spelling?)
Visit http://fsprojects.netau.net for my flight sim and train sim web sites :)
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 6:01pm
My Mum was dropping me off at school the other day. As I left the car and walked some-what 10 metres, this right-plonker from the Stanground area in Peterborough, driving in a green 4x4, overtook her as she turned for the exit at around 30 mph in a 5 mph zone. He suddenly stopped at the junction. Mum slammed her fist onto the horn and started throwing language at him. Then he made the biggest mistake ANY bloke could ever say to her---- " c'mon then!" waving his fists!

OuchOuchOuchOuchDING DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!ShockedShockedShockedShocked

Mum turned red, took her seatbelt off and opened the door, taking one foot out of the car. The man vigerously charged himself back into his own vehicle, slamming the door and locking it faster than the speed of light. He then charged posthaste onto the road, with mum following rather shortly. As the "road runner" and the "cayote" were driving down the road, mum was sticking her middle finger at him, with the man closely watching her in his rear-view mirror; other drivers were wondering if she was sticking that finger to them!
As they both turned into a round-a-bout, he went one way and mum went another, with one last dicth attempt to scare the living daylights out of this idiot, stuck her middle finger at him once more with such a serious, criminal-like face.

That'll teach him to mess with super-mum! Idiots can make right idiotic mistakes!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic