This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X-Factor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-Factor
    Posted: 29 Nov 2008 at 11:31pm
(Not a thread I'd usually start but.....)

Ruth is out HOW?????? Shocked

Best regards,
Vulcan.
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 12:14am
Ruth is out???????????? No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 12:27am
Originally posted by VulcanB2 VulcanB2 wrote:

(Not a thread I'd usually start but.....)

Ruth is out HOW?????? Shocked

Best regards,
Vulcan.

Because she sounds very familiar! apart from alex the rest are diffrent from he usual winners Tongue

flightboy
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 9:27am
Surprisingly, I watched it last night. With my daughter. Shocked  Big%20smile

Ruth was rather good, but then it's the public that decide, so a few thousand amateur opinions all bundled together equates to freaky stuff.

They should get rid of that kid with the stupid hair cut.

Alexandra is the best, I think thats obvious.
mike H View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 11:06am
I am with you Martin.Thumbs%20Up  Alexandra is the Best by far,Clap she can sing anything that comes her way and makes it her own. My money is on her to Win. Wink 
In my eyes to Fly is more than Just Loving it.

It is a Passion we can all now Share within Flight Sim.

When in Doubt, Always go Around.

Regards mike H
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 11:14am
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

They should get rid of that kid with the stupid hair cut.

That's Eoghan - I don't like him either!
Kind regards,
Tom
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 1:52pm
Alexandra for me!
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 3:06pm
Mutley you're a married man! Stern%20Smile
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 3:37pm
I agree, Egg-nog isn't really good. JLS sucked this week, but gotta support them if you're from Peterborough regardless.
Darren123 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 4:25pm
Been watching the series on and off.

Ruth's performance of Purple Rain a few weeks back was spectacular, and last night she definitely didn't deserve to go. However that's public voting for you- bewildering randomness at times.

Eoghan to go, and Alexandra to win.

FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 5:26pm
well i thought britney spears' performance was amazing, espcially after what has happened in her life for the last 2 years
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 6:07pm
Britney Spears MIMED her way through that performance (it was obvious, too)! That isn't good by any standard.

I think Alexandra (should) win too, but Ruth was a serious contender. Given the vote, anything is possible now!

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 6:55pm
The special performance last week was mimed, too. When they sang, you couldn't hear any breath being amplified into their cheap mics; but when they finished you could hear the "PFH" sound when they spoke. Rubbish
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 7:56pm

Quote well i thought britney spears' performance was amazing, espcially after what has happened in her life for the last 2 years

Well said, couldn't agree more. Bipolar disorder is an awful illness. And the cruelty of the media despite her suspected condition unforgivable.

Quote Britney Spears MIMED her way through that performance (it was obvious, too)! That isn't good by any standard.

She hasn't been formally diagnosed, but any one that knows anything about the condition would regard her as a classic sufferer of bipolar disorder. If not bipolar then obviously she suffered from something as extreme it wasn’t just substance abuse.. Recovering from an awful mental illness is tough.

She wouldn't be the first artist to mime, they all have at some time so maybe we should give her a break.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 10:08pm
Quote She hasn't been formally diagnosed, but any one that knows anything about the condition would regard her as a classic sufferer of bipolar disorder.

Where did this suggestion come from?

Did she do drugs? I know that can fry the brain.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
GBL View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 4:07am
I personnally thought Britney Spears was RUBBISH !!!  As you say she mimed her song and they gave her a standing ovation Thumbs%20Down. The  contestants have to sing live so the so called stars should have to. I would say the contestants put her to shame by the fact that they could actually sing. Alexandra is streets ahead of the rest but don't forget that some of them are only 16/19 years old. 
Aircraft Engines are the sound of Freedom.

ART
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 12:50pm

Surprisingly, I watched it last night.

Oh dear - I feel like Donald Sutherland in Invasion of the Body Snatchers (and Kurt Russel in The Thing for that matter), am I the only one left...

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 1:38pm
Where did this suggestion come from?

As I said, she's not been formally diagnosed. [as far as we know] Although the family could be keeping that information private. But experts in Bipolar disorder have commented that her behaviour over the past few years is typical of Bipolar sufferers. Friends and family members have commented that she has suffered from these difficulties for many years. So nothing definitive, but her behaviour in the past is obviously not that of a well person.

“Her erratic behavior has moved into bipolar disorder,” surmises psychologist Dr. Robert Butterworth, who has not treated Spears, 25.

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Magic Man Magic Man wrote:

Surprisingly, I watched it last night.

Oh dear - I feel like Donald Sutherland in Invasion of the Body Snatchers (and Kurt Russel in The Thing for that matter), am I the only one left...

Don't worry magic, only watched it once with katy. Big%20smile
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 3:25pm
I blame the press in part for her situation - they should back off and leave her alone - not plaster her all over the news when clearly she doesn't need it.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic