This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

why and how

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why and how
    Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 9:20pm
Okay I now have Dc-10 collection which is very good.  however... the plane on all models flys with a 5 degree pitch up!  how do I stop this from happening?
up,up,up into the cruise, down,down,down into Toulouse

aldeje92 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aldeje92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 9:28pm
have u tried setting the pitch in the panel?

EI-CFZ
Dc-10 nutter View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 10:04pm
Hi Aldeje, 
no luck tried ajusting the trim and auto pilot just sends the aircraft back to 5 degeers up

Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 12:13pm

That happens to me but at 10 to 15 deggres up

P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 1:47pm
I could trry to anoy atc by having a climb rate of just 600ft a minuete and see what that dose

btw this also happens in the 747 but at 10 degres up

Peedge View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2008 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Dc-10 nutter Dc-10 nutter wrote:

I could trry to anoy atc by having a climb rate of just 600ft a minuete and see what that dose

... So, when you say the aircraft is 5 degrees pitched up, that's while you're climbing? That doesn't sound unreasonable then. Even in level flight an airliner will pitch up quite a bit at slower speeds. More so with a heavy fuel load. For example, I was just flying a posky 777, that was near enough 5deg nose up at 240kts, half fuel load. As you increase speed to Vmo it'll gradually flatten out.

BTW in my experience (FS9) ATC don't get on your case as long as you don't drop below 400fpm. Smile
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 4:21pm
Okay at 350 kts 30,000ft is when I get the 5 up pitch not when I am climbing.  as for the atc thing on my  FSX if I don't climb more then 600fpm they like to yell at meCry

KCMO View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 5:07pm
Isn't it normal to have to hold something like a 5 degree AOA at 30,000 feet just to remain aloft?

Interesting:
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 9:12pm

what about 15 deggres

KCMO View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 9:52pm

Yeah, I guess 15 degrees is pushing it.

gordy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 7:06pm
Are you sure you aren't looking at the FD command bars instead of the aircraft W symbol? Select FD off on the MCP & that will take the FD cmd bars away.
My DC10 at high weights at 300kts is about 2.5 degrees nose up which seems about right to me.

Gordy
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2008 at 8:22pm
Im looking at the artifical horizion (the correct name for the w symbol) and it is 15 deggres nose high
gordy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2008 at 11:18am
Actually, the correct name of the whole instrument is the Attitude Director Indicator, the W symbol is called the aircraft reference indicator. Artificial horizon is sometimes the name given to the smaller standby instrument.
As I've said, I have no problem in either FS9 or FSX with this. Have you got the CLS tutorial manual, if you try flying that it may find the problem.
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dc-10 nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2008 at 8:30pm
Hi me again,

I have now managed to fix this little problem.  The solution was to fly faster so up went the cruise speed from 350 knots to 438 knots.  This does seem a little fast however this is not over speed in the Dc-10 30 as it is not screaming at me.  So to those of you who have this problem this is how I managed to fix it.  BTW my crusing altitude is 32,000 ft.

Happy simming.

Dc-10Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic