This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Payload makes bad balance on plane !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim92andersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Payload makes bad balance on plane !
    Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 6:28pm
Maybe im asking stupid :)

but my beech baron 58 loaeded for a long ride is irritating me.

When i start push back the plane falls behind.
The payload isn't correct. But how do i change it so the weight also is placed at the front of the plane ?
cpltom View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 7:09pm
You can get flights for a beech baron? Every time I tried to start a profile with one of those I couldn't get anything within range or fuel limits.
kim92andersen View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim92andersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 8:31pm
It took me a long time to get started causing the range and fuel limits. which airplanes did you then use? I've just started using CP
JD-LincsUK View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD-LincsUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 8:55pm
I had the same with the Beech Baron - so I've been using the Caravan.

I installed an add-on Islander specifically for CP start-up but was shocked to find that I had the same problem with that, too. And that's a plane that was built for this kind of thing! I can't even take 5lbs of documents a paltry 96nm!

I checked the aircraft data with the aircraft.cfg and it seems to have the figures right, so I'm mystified. Wacko
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim92andersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 9:02pm
Ill try with the Caravan ;)
cpltom View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 9:24pm

yeah, caravan is what I'm stuck using also

montkaissy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montkaissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 10:09pm
hi
when your plane is not balanced after loading, on the menu bar select
aircraft > fuel and payload > change payload
move some of your cargo to front compartments.

for example if you have at the back 5000
make it 2500, and the remaining 2500 add them to the front.
this should fix the problem
M. KAISSY
M.Kaissy
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim92andersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 2:01pm
but the problem is, that the beech baron 58 only have one payload place, so its unable to get removed and then balanced. :-(
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD-LincsUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 3:04pm
Sack the ground crew!

I used to work as groundcrew at Tempelhof and it was more than our job was worth to get the freight wrong.

That's why I always scowl when I see the 'damaged cargo' penalties in the debrief!Ermm
montkaissy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montkaissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 3:10pm

Well ,what i said used to solve this problem on 737. as for the beach i , i thought it would be the same. any way the cessna caravan never had this problemWink

M. KAISSY
M.Kaissy
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim92andersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 10:53pm
thanks for your comments.
Scooternjng View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scooternjng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 2:38am
Which version of the Beech?  The stock FS variant or some other shareware/payware version?
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim92andersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 12:24pm
the FS variant ;-)
Scooternjng View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scooternjng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 12:59am
Interesting...because here's what the Baron Aircraft.cfg file (FS9) has to say about weight and balance stations (emphasis added):

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
max_gross_weight = 5524                         // (pounds)
empty_weight = 3911                             // (pounds)

reference_datum_position     =   6.96, 0, 0     // (feet) distance from FlightSim Reference position: (1/4 chord, centerline, waterline)
empty_weight_CG_position     =  -6.06, 0, 0     // (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from specified datum

max_number_of_stations = 50

station_load.0 = "170, -6.54, -1.20, 0.0, Pilot"            //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.1 = "170, -6.54,  1.20, 0.0, Co-Pilot"         //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.2 = "170, -9.80, -1.20, 0.0, Passenger"        //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.3 = "170, -9.80,  1.20, 0.0, Passenger"        //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.4 =   "0, -12.67, -1.1, 0.0, Passenger"        //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.5 =   "0, -12.67,  1.1, 0.0, Passenger"        //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.6 =   "0, -15.00,  0.0, 0.0, Baggage"          //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)

;Moments of Inertia
empty_weight_pitch_MOI  = 3905.65
empty_weight_roll_MOI   = 2718.64
empty_weight_yaw_MOI    = 5291.04
empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 0.0

Now it begs the question of which version of FS are you flying 9 or X? And if there's a Baron in FSX, it shouldn't be too different from 9.  And have you also tried putting cargo in stations other than the baggage hold, like in passenger stations?
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD-LincsUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2008 at 10:02pm
Today I bought myself a Beech Baron 58 and noticed that the fuel burn used by CP is a whopping 2,200lbs/hour! Shocked

That explains why you can never get anywhere with it.

I took a B58 on quick test flight, monitoring the fuel usage, which turned out to be just under 110lbs/hr - quite a humongous difference!

I changed the amount in CP using the configuration table - to be safe - to 115lbs/hr.

The result is that I've just completed a 918nm flight (275lb payload) from DAAG to EGLG - that's Algiers in N Africa, to Panshanger in the UK. A 5½ hour flight.

I must have got it right, because CP showed I would make it with just a little fuel to spare - and here's the gauges after landing at Panshanger:

So it's definitely worth checking the fuel burn for the aircraft you fly - it only takes a few minutes to fly for an hour at 32xspeed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic