This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some aircraft not showing in FSX?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some aircraft not showing in FSX?
    Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 3:05pm

Hi

Is there a problem with the Boeing 737-300 & 747-400? I have added a new livery for the  B733 which now appears in the Aircraft Fleet paint options. I have also created flight plans and recompiled them but these aircraft do not appear anywhere. I then added my livery to the flyable aircraft list but again they did not appear in FSX. I then added about 15 of the B733s to the flyable aircraft list and none of them appeared in FSX. I the added a number of aircraft from the Boeing range to the flyable aircraft list, they all appeared in FSX EXCEPT the B733 and B744. I checked a number of the larger airports in the UK and USA and it would appear that there were no AI B733's or B744's showing.

I have created a new B752 with flightplans and in FSX that is flyable and the AI flights appear as they should.

I have noticed the the contents of the texture folders varies - some have a .DDS, a texture.cfg and a thumbnail.jpg file. Others have a .BMP a texture.cfg and a thumbnail.jpg. A third variation consists of 2 .BMP files.

I hasten to add that I don't particularly want to fly the AI aircraft, I was just checking to see if they were working in FSX.

I like the FPS improvement with Traffic X, it gives me an extra 10 FPS at some places but I am seriously considering reinstalling Traffic 2005 - it just works!

Regards
Phil

wardp View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 12:29pm

I've fixed it on my system!!!  After struggling trying to get my B733 liveries and flights to appear in FSX for the last week before giving up I gave it one more go last night.

It would appear that the B737-300 that use .BMP texture files require the older model and .air files from Traffic 2005. Last night I was experimenting to try and get them to work and succeeded with the following changes.

Renamed the model folder model.TX
Renamed the JFAIB733.air file to TX_JFAIB733.air

From my Traffic 2005 installation in FS2004 I copied both model folders, model & model.2, and the JFAIB733.air file from the Aircraft\JFAIB733 folder to the Traffic X aircraft folder in FSX.

I then edited the aircraft.cfg file so that all the liveries that use DDS texture files use the model.TX and TX_JFAIB733.air files.

The liveries that use BMP texture files use one of the two model folders (refer to the Traffic 2005 aircraft.cfg file to see which to use) and the older JFAIB733.air file.

I now have all the B737-300 aircraft visible with more flights at my local airport.

Regards
Phil

Peedge View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2008 at 11:18pm
Hi Phil,

Did you have to recompile your flightplans following these changes?

thanks
Paul
wardp View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2008 at 4:21pm
H All

Please do not make the changes that I detailed above - They Do Not Work!

While I was editing my aircraft.cfg file I must have saved it as ANSI instead of the original UTF-8 which is what made it work, as RAS is now recommending we do, so it had nothing to do with the changes I made to the aircraft.cfg file.

My sincere apologies to all the JF Team and anyone that tried it and found it didn't work.

Apologies
Phil

PS Paul - Yes I did recompile my flightplans after making these changes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic