This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2D panel issues - Cant see ground

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xnuiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2D panel issues - Cant see ground
    Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 5:19pm
Just got CP and I really like it, however there does seem to be a bug I cant get around.  When I start FSX using the CP flight (manual or automatic start, both have the problem) here is what the view looks like in the 2D panel (landing panel in a C172):

I should be able to see the ground in front of me, but I cant.

Here is the same exact spot, started in free flight, not using CP flight or start, in a C172 with just standard panel, not even landing panel:

As you can see, even though I have a larger panel, I can see the ground in front of me.

Messing around with it, to replicate the CP view from a non-CP free flight start, press Ctrl+Shift+T then -   .  This starts the process of fading out the panel.  That first setting moves the entire view because you are about to fade out the panel to some extent, so it gives you more to see, but only if you fade out the panel.  If you then press + you will see the outside view corrects itself.  (I hope I explained that well enough).  Looks like that just needs to be corrected somewhere.

Moving and resizing windows does not seem to fix this.

Using FSX SP1 on XP Pro SP3

Scooternjng View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scooternjng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 12:16am
One of those fixes we hope to see in CP2, when/if it comes out.  I have that problem in several AC I fly, but it resolves itself on adjusting the zoom factor.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke, Irish philosopher & statesman
Xnuiem View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xnuiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 2:07am
ok, i messed with the zoom, but all it did was give me a better view of the sky, instead of the ground.  It would be nice to see the runway in an AC with tricycle landing gear!!  :D

Any other ideas?
Leadraft View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 11:30am
In FS9, Shift + Enter moves the seat up. Unfortunately, you would have to do this each time you start a flight from CP since it does not recognize your default flight settings.
Xnuiem View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xnuiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 5:45pm
tried that, didnt work.  I am using FSX.

It moves me up, but i am still facing up towards the sky.  it is like i have a crik in my neck and i wont look down.
Leadraft View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leadraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2008 at 12:13pm
Don't know if you got this figured out or not, but I bet if you look at the external view, the front nose gear is off the ground and the plane is resting on its tail. Weight problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic