This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not quite what I thought...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not quite what I thought...
    Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 12:59pm
Well, having waited a while for the boxed copy of Traffic X and looking forward to installing it, I must say I am quite dissapointed. Having spent 5 hours trying to set it up and get it working (eventually did) it must be said that all of the fanfare of Traffic X is not really what I expected. I thought today I would do a flight from Bristol (EGGD) to Dusseldorf and see what Traffic X is really like and to kind of give it a second chance to see If I was moaning to myself over nothing.
Apart from having 3 Aurigny Trilanders (these never come to Bristol) and a Aurigny ATR this seemed odd, as well as having no Ryanair aircraft (usally 2 at around 8am) and no Easyjet aircraft at all (2nd biggest base in the UK). Having then flown over London to Brussels area, not one aircraft in the sky, radio was hardly busy, just the occasional BA or Lufthansa. I had more aircraft that had no callsigns at FL36 than anything else (I did not think this was to happen with Traffic X), but on the plus side Dusseldorf was busy, but 6 BA aircraft all going to London I think was excessive.
After this flight I thought I would check other UK airports at diffrent times to see what they had. I noticed that at near enough most airports had an Aeroflot TU154, Air France had a big base in Manchester, and some Chinese A320's were scattered around.
Other little things (which are minor really and we can't cater to all tastes) KLM don't seem to have F70's, Air France have no ATR's, Ryanair only really fly to Dublin, have not seen a Flybe aircraft yet, and couple of other places etc etc.
Please don't see this as a rant, just frustration. I am now going to try and alter some schedules, and change the UI Manufactors in the Aircraft.cfg file to show the airline and not just 'Boeing' or 'Airbus'. I deleted WOAI of my PC when this was delivered yesterday as I thought this would be far superior, but shedules/aircraft not correct and other little things not right. I appreciate that this is a big product for Just Flight but I thought a little more focus on the actual AI aircraft/schedules could of been better. So currently just dissapointed and frustrated, don't expect this to be the best product on the market.
Boy
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 1:15pm
Hi Boy,

Have you contacted the support team? Something sounds amiss

For example Air France shouldn't have a 'big base' at Manchester. There is one Air France flight originating there and a few more flying there from France.

Thanks

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Boy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 1:19pm
Hello, thanks for your reply. There was 5 AF flights at Manchester, when I moved my aircraft there, just that I don't know a time ever to have that many AF aircraft there!

I shall contact the support team, as I would like to correct some schedules and create some schedules, but it is not as easy as it looks (I take it there is a way at add WOAI schedules?)

Thanks for your quick reply
Boy
conburt View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conburt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 7:37pm
You can always instal your own airline flightplans by downloading them from either AVSIM or Flightsim. All you need to do is substitiute the original aircraft titles  for the Justflight ones, compile using TTools and convert using a bgl converter. You then add the resultant airline traffic.bgl file into scenery/world/scenery folder. You then compile TrafficX Flight Plans with the particular airline unchecked. I have done this for British airways, Easyjet, Emirates & a few others. This gives a more realistic and often truer scenario.
flying-w View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying-w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 12:15am
And particularly realistic in the middle of the night, when at many airports there should be next to nothing active.

SuperTrafficBoard V2.1 Now Available http://www.supertrafficboard.com
conburt View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conburt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 8:02am
Sorry don't get your point. WOAI timetables and many others from AVSIM & FlightSim are based on actual timetables. If BOY had used these he would not see strange aircraft @ Bristol.
Boy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 8:32am
Exactly my point Conburt, I am now having to go through all of the flight plans to amend them, and this does not work either (kind of hit and miss, I am obviously doing something wrong!)
Boy
conburt View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conburt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 8:52am
What flightplans are you trying to change?  I have done BA, Emirates, Easyjet and SAA.
You are of course limited to the JFAI models for instance I had to use the B772 instead of the B773 in the Emirates flightplans as TrafficX does not have a B773.
Boy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 12:14pm
Hello again,

I have now been sitting at Bristol Aiport for the last 2 hours (from 0600hrs) to see whats gone in and out. I still have about 6 BA Dash 8's at the airport (going to NCL, MAN etc) but I deleted the flight plans for these flights but they are still there. I must have done something right cos my KLM cityhopper flights I added in the flight plans have worked, but my Air France flights still have not shown. I get a Star Airlines (Sweden) 737 arrive but cannot find any flight plans for this aircraft and I have a Flybe aircraft sat on the tarmac! even though I have changed Flybe for 1 flight a day (in the afternoon)...just becoming irritating. Its a good product, just want it to work properly.

Is there any way someone can advise what you have to do exactly from changing the flight plans to saving it all (and this .bgl files as this means nothing to me) and hopefully working?
Boy
Boy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2008 at 3:44pm
I have cracked it at last!...how many days/hours has that taken me Smile
Boy
Boy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 5:47pm
Now that I have managed to get my head around the flight plans bit (altering etc), I have created new flightplans for Air Southwest using the Dash 8's. Even though there are no pre planned flights, but there is model & texture for the Air Southwest Dash 8's, they do not seem to show up at my airport (Bristol) for the flight times that I have created.

Anybody offer any advice on what I could have done wrong, or easy to understand instructions on how to create flightplans from new?

Boy
conburt View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conburt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 7:37pm
Are you using the default Bristol EGGD. You may have run out of parking spaces. If there are none at either the origin or destination then the flight will not show. You could try downloading an AFCAD2 for EGGD to give you more parking.

Another possibility is to install the WOAI Air Southwest then decompile the Traffic.bgl in the scenery/world /scenery folder using TTools and changing the Aircraft title in the aircraft folder to AC#1000,200,"JFAI_D8_AIR_SOUTHWEST". Re-compile using TTools and convert the new Traffic file to FSX using a bgl converter. Place the resultant bgl file in sceney/world/scenery folder. Remember to remove the original WOAI Traffic.bgl  file from the scenery/world/scenery folder or you will get both although the WOAI one will have no texture. Any problems I have got the file.
Boy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2008 at 7:54pm
Thanks for your reply. I have readjusted all of the aircraft that use the airport to a smaller wing area, so I have alot more spaces. There are spaces available for the times they are due to leave, just no planes there?
Boy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic