This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

adding extra AI flights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: adding extra AI flights
    Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 11:36am
Hi

I am trying to add some extra military AI flights using the traffic editor and Afcad2 and I am having some problems.
I have created extra parking some of which is definitely being used by AI traffic which I think comes from the military plus packs that I have installed. However, none of the flights I have set up appear. I want to put more traffic at EGDY in particular but when I use afcad I see three different afcad files, the stock one and two modified files but I am pretty sure that the one that I add lots of parking to is not being used. How can I select the one I want to ensure I get enough parking. I am using flight plans from the pluspak and am adding flights as simply as possible by changing only the destination to EGDY. None of these aircraft appear.
I am using BA south west and military plus pack with traffic 2005 in FS9.
Any advice would be appreciated, I notice that the aircraft in the flight plans do not have an AC number in the traffic 2005 flightplan folder. could this be a problem??

Thx in advance
Mike
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 3:41pm
Hi there,

To find out which AFCAD is currently active you should start AFCAD and open the airport (e.g. EGDY). The list of AFCAD's that appear when you search are all the ones that you have installed in your FS folder. There should be just one active one though ehich will be highlighted form the rest (as the others should be greyed out).  You can also tell which is stock and modified airports as it will say next to it.

If you have the wrong AFCAD active or you want to remove the others if they are conflicting just remove them from where you installed the AFCAD's in the first place.

Ok, good you have created alot of parking at the airport which is a good start. Have you created adequate parking for all airlines at the airport so that the parking spot's that you have assigned for military use are free for these aircraft. Also make sure that you have the radius set so it is large enough to accomodate the aircraft (you can check the aircraft radius in AFCAD by clicking on Tools, Aircraft Editor.

You will have to forgive me as I am not a Traffic user but whenever AI is created normally an aircraft number (AC number) is required so the correct plane can fly the routes that you want, so you will need to add one of these (bus as i said cant tell you how to do that in traffic myself)! Wink

Hope this helps
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
ranger View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 4:19pm
Hi Nick B
Thx for the reply. I have covered most of the things you mention, The airfield that I am trying to populate is the RN station at Yeovilton so no probs with airline stuff, I have managed to get one series of flights going successfully, the difference is that this one I got from PAI and the way they do their flight plans appears to be a little different from the Just Flight ones and it includes the AC number I mentioned. With the Just flight ones they just show a name for the aircraft, at least I have proved that the rest of the airport is working!
Thx again  Mike
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 4:25pm

Is it a PAI package (if so you should use the PAI installer to install)

If however it is just the 3 txt files then your heading in the right direction but as I said all aircraft need an AC number so that the aircraft in the aircraft.txt can identify which plans it needs to fly in the flightplans.txt. It sounds like you are tying to import through Traffic editor - are you compiling through ttoool and does it say it has compiled OK? Have you got the aircraft installed which are needed for the plans?
Nick B

ranger View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 9:39pm
Hi

The aircraft I mentioned was not a PAI package, I think some of my problems are down to where the traffic data base is located, I am not sure whether it needs to be in the traffic folder or in scenery/world scenery so I have been saving it to both which has helped a bit. I am having more success but I find that when I compile one aircraft it seems to make another disappear, and when I note the flight plan count and the leg count they seem to go down sometimes rather than up. This doesn't relate to the available parking areas as the aircraft I having been having most trouble with are c9 USN and RN Hawk, parking requirements are totally different.
The problem with the AFCAD files is that I know the highlighted one is the the one in use, but because they do not always resemble the visible airport in fs9, I am not sure whether my parking spaces are in a clear area. I presume if I modify one of the others and save it, then that one becomes the active one

Cheers Mike
ranger View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 9:49pm
Hi
Forgot to mention that all the aircraft I am trying to use are part of the military Pluspak add on and are visible at other airports. TT always states that the compile was successful even when the total counts are lower
ranger View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 11:33am
Hi Nick B

I have not really solved the problem but have managed to get everything working by saving both my modified AFCADS and my flight plans into FS9 and into Traffic 2005 which is installed into FS9. now am seeing what i would expect to see, many thx for your advice

Mike
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 11:38am

Hi Mike,

This sounds a bit strange to mee but as I said I dont use traffic (manual AI'er hear) so I use the exact same process that you are using. Anyway hear are my thoughts:

1) For AI to show in FS you bgl should be located in your world scenery directory (example - C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Flight Simulator 9/Scenery/World/scenery) - regardless of any other traffic folder it might be in.

2) Regarding you disappearing aircraft if you are sure that you have adequate parking for all aircraft on the airfield and that the parking type, radius size, parking code.

Just out of interest in your AFCAD do you have metric measurements ticked (under tools and options)

3) I cant re-call if the AFCAD will become active after you manually edit it but the best solution hear would be to remove any surplus AFCAD's you have from the FS directory and keep them in a safe place if you are confused which AFCAD you need or want. Normally any add-on AFCADS you have added will be located in the add-on scenery, scenery folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\scenery)

I would firstly suggest that you get the correct AFCAD in operation as it sounds like you may have the wring AFCAD operational and editing the wring one which is why you are not seeing the changes in FS.

I also am puzzled to hear that you get a lower traffic count. Again as not a traffic user cant answer this but the only thing I can think of is that if you are referring to the traffic count in ttools when it compiles then this could be giving you a new reading for a new airline. Does your traffic when generated give you a new bgl file for every airline? if so then it will just give you the aircraft and leg count for that individual flight plan (not all your traffic you might have installed if they are all under different bgl files). 

Hope this helps

NickSmile

EDIT - had typed this before you sent the last post through so thought I would post anyway!

Nick B

ranger View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 3:55pm
Hi
Yes I am using metric measurements, and I am planning to try to remove surplace ACADS when I get a few hours to spare!

As for TTools, as you say normally when adding new airline and flight plans you get an increased number of flights. I get a reduction quite often after I add a flight plan and create a data base for all files, trouble is I don't usually know which ones have gone missing, however, because I am adding a few at the moment I did notice that one of the new ones disappeared when I installed the next one. Anyway I am not too worried because all the new ones I have added to put some traffic at RAF fields which are not populated seem to be OK now. Yeovilton is a pretty busy Naval Base so I was a bit surprised to find very little if anything moving there when I added the military Pluspaks.

many thx again Nick

Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic