This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Real World Aviation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

737 off runway at lanzarote

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grth_bbtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 737 off runway at lanzarote
    Posted: 31 Oct 2008 at 2:17pm

"Passengers on a Thomas Cook chartered flight from Glasgow, Scotland have escaped injury after their plane skidded off the runway at Lanzarote airport.

The Air Europa Boeing-737 plane had 74 people on board when it left Glasgow Airport at about 0300 GMT on Friday.

Flight AEA-196 came off the runway after touching down in Lanzarote, in the Canary Islands, at about 0710 GMT.

The plane came to a halt close to a beach. Passengers were unhurt but shaken by the incident." -BBC

video of the aircraft after the event -:  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7701975.stm
GBL View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2008 at 3:15pm
Just read this. I was here a couple of years ago.  Was it an Air Europa 737 that hit the runway lights in somewhere like Poland last year ? Ouch
Aircraft Engines are the sound of Freedom.

ART
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2008 at 8:23pm
A particular forum user going by a display name that begins with the numbers "767" has told me that I should fly on this airline because it's cheaper than british charters for flights to spain.
I think I can see why it's cheaper!
Luke Roach
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2008 at 8:38pm
A particular forum user going by a display name that begins with the numbers "767" has told me that I should fly on this airline because it's cheaper than british charters for flights to spain.
I think I can see why it's cheaper!

watch it roachy! ok it may be cheaper ( and dangerous ) but come on, having the chance to see a flightdeck inflight is the best IFE you'll ever get! and it's rare.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic