This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st Impressions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st Impressions?
    Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 10:07pm
Can't say I'm impressed.

Just flown from Paderborn to Stansted and seen 1 Aircraft!

Plenty of radio chatter.

No stack around STN as there was in Traffic 2005 in FS2004.  Just flew straight in..

Where is the traffic?

This was an evening flight so will give benefit of doubt. maybee STN is really quiet this time of the evening ( I doubt it as I actually flew this flight on Air Berlin on Monday and there were 2 A/C in front of me and 3 behind during finals).

If not improved tomorrow during day flight will ask for my first ever JF refund!

By the way (For you doubters) I have traffic set at 68% as per manual.  In Traffic 2005 (For FS 2004) anything above %70 and you had numerous go-arounds! Where are they.....

Hope it improves soon as I only purchased this as I stopped using FSX as Traffic 2005 was showing no actual Traffic - Plenty in the stands but nothing in the air or on taxiways waiting to take off as per Traffic 2005 in FS 2004.

Richie
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 10:12pm
I've been running Traffic X on FSX/SP2 for a while and have more than enough traffic filling my virtual skies.

Please contact support
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
richie771 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 10:18pm
Cheers Martyn.

Not trying to knock your efforts.

But really not impressed.

I have been waititng for MONTHS for Traffic X.

So many times I was going to go back to FS 2004 due to the lack of traffic on the pan. But stayed with it due to FSX being better than FS 2004.  But Traffic 2005 was awesome in FS 2004.

Hopefully it is just because it is night time (Noise polution and all that!)

Will try again during daytime hours.

Thanks again

Richie
bobbyz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 10:37pm
Same for me; hardly any traffic anywhere. Already thinking of going back to Traffic 2005.
richie771 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 10:38pm
Well just changed to 12:00hrs on a Monday at Heathrow and nothing!

Loads sat on the stands, but nothing waiting for T/O and nothing in the air.

Credit Crunch has really hit the airways!!!

Stringbean View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 10:40pm
Me too. Please see my post about landing and departing at Heathrow. Traffic 2005 was excellent with Traffic sliders at just 20%.
bobbyz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Stringbean Stringbean wrote:

Me too. Please see my post about landing and departing at Heathrow. Traffic 2005 was excellent with Traffic sliders at just 20%.

Totally agree. Remember being gobsmacked when I first installed Traffic 2005, loaded up a saved flight at Gatwick and couldn't believe how much traffic was there with no impact on framerate. This time framerate isn't an issue; every airport is relatively deserted.

dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 10:48pm

Hi,

TrafficX is also a sort of platform, I mean, I also thought there was too little traffic at my nearest big airport (EHRD) So I googled for the real world arrival an departure  schedules and I fixed it Smile

I even made a KLM Cityhopper livery to complete the pie.

BTW, got my Airline Traffic on 100% and GA on 60%, no problem.

richie771 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 10:55pm
Ok traffic x maybee a platform but surely at 12:00 on a Monday there will be at least 1 a/c in the air and maybee 1 or 2 trying to depart?
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 11:04pm
If you have the sliders set too high at Heathrow for example, you will create a bottleneck of aircraft waiting to cross the runway to their parking gates. If you turn it down to alleviate the problem then the place becomes a ghost town with just a couple moving about here and there. Aircraft are even landing and departing on the same runways at Heathrow so aircraft on the ground waiting for takeoff are stuck. I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow whether I re-install Traffic 2005. By the way, just been to Gatwick with sliders up to 30% and only four aircraft at the stands. At 30% in Traffic 2005, Gatwick was bursting with aircraft. The place was a hive of activity.
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 11:25pm
Gatwick at 100% I count 40+ planes, on 30% still 20.

I see already a difference in opinion, one has a bottleneck, one no leaving planes Smile
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2008 at 11:36pm

Go to Heathrow and sit there for a while and you shall see! Wink

bobbyz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 12:16am
Well here's an example of the view from control tower at Stanstead with traffic set to 100%. This is after half an hour - 2 planes

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 8:54am
Sorry to appear like 'nasty nick' but its no good posting up your problems here. You need to contact technical support in order for us to help resolve the problems some of you are encountering.

As you can see in this thread, this isn't a problem that is affecting everyone, the majority of users (including me!) have absolutely no problems with traffic at Heathrow etc.

You can contact the support team here: http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=182&supportProductName=Traffic%20X
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Sorry to appear like 'nasty nick' but its no good posting up your problems here. You need to contact technical support in order for us to help resolve the problems some of you are encountering.

Morning Martyn.

With all due respect, I think the thread is entitled..."First Impressions" which means people are simply airing their personal views on the product thus far. It's early days and we simply don't know yet if the problems we are encountering requires technical support or whether we can sort things out amongst the JF community on this wonderful forum.
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Stringbean Stringbean wrote:

Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Morning Martyn.

With all due respect, I think the thread is entitled..."First Impressions" which means people are simply airing their personal views on the product thus far. It's early days and we simply don't know yet if the problems we are encountering requires technical support or whether we can sort things out amongst the JF community on this wonderful forum.

But, as long as people reading and posting in this topic realise that we can't provide support via the forum and can't even begin to log any problems that people are reporting if they're only reporting it here and not submitting a support request.  Until we get support requests we can't work on investigating and fixing problems (assuming they are actual problems!), so it really is to the benefit of the JF community if you report problems via the Support section of our website.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 9:27am
Quote With all due respect, I think the thread is entitled..."First Impressions" which means people are simply airing their personal views on the product thus far.

Yes, please carry on chaps. We have our ears firmly open and we are listening to and discussing what is being posted here. Keep the general feedback coming.
What Simon and Martyn are getting that is if you have a specific problem (codes not working, problems installing etc) that you need fixing or for us to respond directly to, please send it to technical support as it will likely get lost here and sorting 1 to 1 problems on a forum is a haphazard way of doing things.

Quote Well here's an example of the view from control tower at Stanstead with traffic set to 100%. This is after half an hour - 2 planes

Of course, this doesn't seem right. We are looking into it this morning. Please remember that its only been out a day and the program is too massive to reasonably expect it to be perfect straight away, I'm sure that there will be some tweaking here and there over the next few days and weeks
mdowner View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 10:32am
I only managed a very quick play with it last night - went to my local Bournemouth airport at 1pm and was surprised to see only a few GA aircraft there - bit of a Ghost Town (even though I had checked the database to see that Ryanair had a 737 leaving at 1:10). I will have more of a play around tonight to see if I can get it working (my traffic level setting looks like it could be a bit low, but Traffic gave me a fair amount of airliners at around 40%).

Looking through the specs though, there seems to be a difference between Traffic and TrafficX. Traffic has 280,000+ scheduled airline flights, whilst TrafficX has 100,000+ flights. Why is this? Is this why we all have to bump up our traffic settings to get more aircraft displayed compared to Traffic?

Also, I seem to remember seeing a departure board in some earlier screenshots. Did this make the final product, as I can't see it on the feature list, and couldn't find it last night? Admittedly I haven't had chance to read the manual, so apologies if it's there in black and white - I'll have time for a better look tonight.

Antarius View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 10:36am
Same thing here. I had to push over 80% density to get at least 10 aircrafts in some airports (YMML for example). KJFK, Heathrow on other hand have lots of traffic for me.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 10:53am
Quote Also, I seem to remember seeing a departure board in some earlier screenshots. Did this make the final product, as I can't see it on the feature list, and couldn't find it last night? Admittedly I haven't had chance to read the manual, so apologies if it's there in black and white - I'll have time for a better look tonight.

It was decided not to include this feature in Traffic X
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic