This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st Impressions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 10:57am
Thanks Martyn - shame - it looked pretty good, but was probably more a novelty value thing (i.e. one of those things that you look at and go cool... and then never look at again).

Any reason why the flights database was cut down so much? I never compared the two products up to now, kind of expecting TrafficX to build on what was already there with Traffic, so I'm surprised to see the database has been cut by almost two thirds.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 11:02am
Bear with us guys, we are working on this and will hopefully have a solution shortly.

I would still recommend contacting us via the support section if you are encountering bare airports
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 11:02am
Hi,

It was a concious decision to try to improve the overall performance of Traffic X. For instance, we wanted a balance where having the slider at 100% won't overload all the airports.

Please stand by. We are going to release some files shortly that will dramatically increase the amount of traffic you will see
mdowner View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 11:13am
Thanks guys... like the speedy response.

However, surely increasing the number of flights does not just mean more going to the same large airports? One of the great things with Traffic was that you could turn up to a lot of out-of-the-way airports, and still get traffic there, and smaller (yet international) airports like bournemouth got a good supply of traffic without overloading the large airports. I'm hoping that hasn't been lost with TrafficX.

It would also help your advertising... just looked at MyTrafficX number of daily flights. I won't post the numbers here, but if anybody compares the two..... it's not a great comparison. I stuck with TrafficX because of the experience with Traffic, but new customers might be swayed by the numbers.

Looking forward to see what the files will do.
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 11:17am
I think you'll find Traffic X is more quality than quantity. See what you think after RAS has made some updated files available in a little while though...
mdowner View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 11:21am

Yep.. I would agree about the quality - no qualms with Traffic, and the new models I did see looked very good. I've tried MyTrafficX and didn't like it - much preferred the fsx conversion of Traffic, as it seemed a lot more polished.I only mention it in that anyone looking at the numbers may be swayed, as there is a big difference, but it sounds like you're rectifying that! Big%20smile

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 11:29am
Hi,

Here is the aforementioned revision for Traffic X. Please note: this is an optional file and only needs to be installed if you wish to increase the levels of traffic at all airports in FSX. What you need to do is as follows:

Download the update
Run it and follow the simple install procedure.
Once it's installed you need to ensure you have closed FSX and then go to Start Menu->JustFlight->TrafficX and run the Traffic Control Centre. Go to "Traffic Movements" and "Compile Traffic X Flight Plans". When prompted to save the new database, set it to overwrite the existing "trafficx.bgl" file in FSX>Scenery>World>Scenery. This will rebuilt the database (doubling the size of it) and should increase the traffic levels you are seeing the next time you run FSX

Download

This is Stansted post-hotfix:

mdowner View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 11:36am
Excellent - thanks RAS - great support. I'll try it out tonight
bobbyz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 11:51am
Wow, that was a really quick response. Just retested Stanstead and there are planes there, plus looks like more planes in the skies around.  Have also reloaded my saved game at Geneva where there were only two planes before and now we have a busy airport; and this is with Air Traffic slider set to 40%.

Was very disappointed to start with but am seriously impressed with the response from the dev team. I'm sure there will be some other issues come out (I can think of a couple already) but this was the main prob and you seem to have fixed it very very quickly.

Thanks again
richie771 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 1:01pm

I have tried the hotfix but still nothing moving!

Just travelled from a gate at LHR to the active (5 Min journey) and nothing moved - apart from the obviuos trucks and fuel vehicles.

Got to the active, nothing landing or taking off.

I have sent a request to the Support team, maybee I have an issue with my system!

But many of you are having the same problem - I see loads in the stands but nothing moving.

I am sure JF wil come through.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 1:05pm
Richie,

If you go to Stansted and set traffic to 100% do you not see a similar situation to the pic I posted above?
richie771 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 1:14pm
I have set Traffic to 100% and this seems to have solved the problem. (Seems a little high).

Hotfix with 68% made little difference.

Thanks for the help.

Now i'm off to fly!!
Stringbean View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 1:41pm
RAS...

Installed the Hotfix and the slider at 60% is the same as pre-hotfix. However, I am running it now as a spotter and I'll see how the traffic progresses.

Question..

When I went into the TCC, and followed your instructions, I was asked if I would like to "NAME" the saved file. I simply called it.."Traffic Hotfix". A black window then appeared, I waited a few moments and it dissapeared. The saved Hotfix that I named was saved in...G\Program Files\MS Games\FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery. Is that correct? Thre's no extension but it's sitting with the .bgl files in that folder.

Thanks.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 1:48pm
Hi Stringbean.

That wouldn't have made any changes I'm afraid as you need to overwrite the existing TrafficX.bgl. Please try this
Rebuild the database as before and when prompted to save the database file, delete the "Traffic Hotfix" file you created the last time and then set the program to overwrite the existing "trafficx.bgl" file.  You should end up with a new trafficx.bgl file. Hope I've explained this clearly enough, if not then let me know
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 2:04pm
Crikey! I got that well wrong. Embarrassed I'll try again.

Thanks.
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 2:17pm
That's got it! Plenty of Traffic now at Gatwick, (my usual depature airport), and the slider is only on 30% so plenty of room to spare. Clap

Thanks guys.
richie771 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 2:22pm
Well that was short lived!

Sliders at 100%!

Started ok - 1 on finals, 1 on front of me to take off and 3 behind, I am thinking GREAT back to the old traffic days.....WRONG!

In the air all across the Netherlands and I see nothing in the air, a bit of radio chatter but no a/c.

I have an e mail from Martyn at JF who is looking into it.  Hopefully it is just a glich...

Perhaps we will we get a thank you for being beta testers!

richie771 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richie771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by RAS RAS wrote:

Hi,

Here is the aforementioned revision for Traffic X. Please note: this is an optional file and only needs to be installed if you wish to increase the levels of traffic at all airports in FSX. What you need to do is as follows:

Download the update
Run it and follow the simple install procedure.
Once it's installed you need to ensure you have closed FSX and then go to Start Menu->JustFlight->TrafficX and run the Traffic Control Centre. Go to "Traffic Movements" and "Compile Traffic X Flight Plans". When prompted to save the new database, set it to overwrite the existing "trafficx.bgl" file in FSX>Scenery>World>Scenery. This will rebuilt the database (doubling the size of it) and should increase the traffic levels you are seeing the next time you run FSX

Download

This is Stansted post-hotfix:

Yes but check the runway and taxiways - Empty!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 3:40pm
Yes, but the picture was taken 20 seconds after loading FSX. It takes a while for airliners to start arriving/departing. Give it 5 minutes and there will be plenty of movement 
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 3:55pm
That's right, I noticed that too. Just wait a few mins and bingo, movement begins and the airport becomes a hive of activity. I haven't flown yet in Traffic X. Just sat and watched the traffic movements and it gets really busy as the flight plans kick in with arrivals and departures. I will admit though that I have only observed from Gatwick today since the hotfix but will observe traffic at some of the less busy airports in the coming days. By the way, my ears are starting to hurt from the headphones I've been that engrossed just watching!.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic