This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A340-500/600 revisited

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A340-500/600 revisited
    Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 12:48pm
Recently I reinstalled the A340 as I had a flight to copy that my Dad was/is doing in real life.  I thought it a good time since the SP2 patch is now available.  I had slight activation issues which JF thankfully soon corrected.  In the meantime I flew using a freeware version.  I must say looking at the length and sheer beauty of the aircraft, with the crystal clear 2D panel  its an excellent plane to fly.

I am by no means an airbus lover, although I do have the Airbus Collection too.  But since I patched the JF/CLS version of this plane its now become one of my more often flown planes and one I look forward to taxiing out for a flight.  The views from the cockpit are fantastic and once the pilot has flown it a few times the aircraft becomes a little more user friendly.  You just have to be careful touching the multifunction dials Wink

I always thought they were a wee bit overpriced with the lite FMC.  But looking at the clarity of the cockpit and panel, the immaculate texture of the external skin.  The extra little details that are added like the dinky pushback truck and the door opening switches, I think its about right. 

Thankyou for making this available, if anyone wants a long haul plane of character then this is certainly the one.  You can set off on a long journey in confidence, knowing fuel is not going to be a problem.  A few short trips for practise taking off and landing, then your well versed for the flight.  Expect to see a brilliant view out of the window, I did.

Reider
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 6:52pm
You're right about it being a good expansion but if you want something with proper functionality then the PSS 777 would be a far better choice. Alternatively, you could go for the 747-200 Ready For Pushback which can be bought as a JustFlight CD for £15 or downloaded (legally) for free from simviation.
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 8:39pm
I`m totally happy with the A340 as it is.   As far as the 747-200 is concerned, whilst it can be made to work in FSX/Vista it isn`t conversant with DX10/SP2. I have both the payware and the free download version.  I have the PMDG 747 and the Level D 767 for out and out fun in the Boeing range.  I`m more than happy to have the A340 and one or two others as part of my Airbus collection too.

Reider
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 9:59pm
I have the PMDG 747 and Level-D 767 too, and I have to say they would definitely be the mostcomprehensive of all. The trouble with the PMDG (apart from framerates) is the massive reliance it has on non-standard modules and third-party software in FS - this causes a massive amount of bugs and gripes that just cannot all be accounted for because of their huge scope. And also, what's with the pogo stick in the cockpit of the 747?
Luke Roach
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 10:29am
I have no problems whatsoever with both of mine, if you do then you should be posting on the PMDG forum about it.  I originally posted about the A340, not to discuss owning or problems with the Boeing aircraft???

Reider

roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 10:44am
Oh yes, I didn't really see that when I drifted off talking about loads of other points. Still, it's great that CLS can make a product with only a negligible amount of bugs and/or faults when most other expansions are still riddled with them. What's more, CLS developed expansions are usually far cheaper, even when taking into account the diminished functionality the FMS has.
Luke Roach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic