This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Duchess Model 76
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Few comments, just brought Duchess

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Few comments, just brought Duchess
    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 12:22pm
Hi All

Well I just brought this even though I did not like the demo but wanted to support the developer because has lots of potential and I love this plane, after a couple of flights its not bad actually, few things I noted have not flown a real duchess for many years but recall a few things

1.) could do with some optimising really belts my 8700K 1080Ti but acceptable
2.) Pitch controls are very twitchy and difficult to balance
3.) Seems a little overpowered from my memory of the real plane
4.) Magnetos are very difficult to move with mouse and its really hit and miss when checking mags before takeoff
5.) Could not get the right engine to start had to use the utility and started straight away, will keep testing(Got it started once thus far)
6.) Very squirrely on the take off, not as stable directionally as one would expect from counter rotating props such as the duchess, could my rudder pedals but all other aircraft seem fine, its a real balancing act to keeps this thing straight until lift off

other than that I really love it and it brings back some great memories, a few more patches and this will be awesome

Regards
Wayne  
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:24pm
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying it. We'll look into those issues.

Regards
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
wsuch View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 10:31pm
Cheers martyn, the main reason i brought this was because of your excellent attitude and support, you gave me confidence the duchess can only get better and not be neglect ware like some developers

Wayne
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic