This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > VFR Real Scenery NexGen 3D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Installation ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobbs07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installation ...
    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 10:03pm
Hi,
I have FSX acceleration ( disk version ) and I've bought VFR real scenery NexGen 3D and have a question about it's installation.

I have Win10, and for reasons i won't bore you with, i have installed FSX into a seperate folder, C:FSX. I have not installed it in either Program Files or Program Files (x86)

On running the setupex for NexGen 3D it wishes to install the scenery into the Program Files (x86) folder.

I THINK i should point the setup to the my C:FSX folder, and let it install into the addon scenery folder?

Am i way off the mark here?

TBH i'm a bit confused Confused
Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 9:46am
If you read the intro that appears at the start of the installation (I know… I usually ignore boring info pages) you will see that the installation is sim-independent. You install it as a standalone program which is completely separate from any of your simulators. Default location is Program Files (x86) where it will create a “justFlight scenery” folder but you can select a different location if you want if your system drive is getting full.
As the info screen says you should definitely NOT install it to any of your simulator folders! This will cause all sorts of problems.
At the end of the installation the Scenery Manager program will pop up and it is here you decide which simulators you want the scenery appearing in. It should only offer the simulators you actually have installed but if you have more than one (FSX and P3D for example) you can make the scenery active in as many as you want
The scenery manager can be run at any time if you want to change your choice.

Hope that helps.
Cobbs07 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cobbs07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 7:01pm
Hi Derek,

Ah ok, thanks for your reply ... it all makes sense now ... next time i'll ... RTFM !!LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic