This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is Hawk P3Dv4 / TacPack ever going to be fixed?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Hawk P3Dv4 / TacPack ever going to be fixed?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poosd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Hawk P3Dv4 / TacPack ever going to be fixed?
    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 5:36pm
To whom it may concern,

As of this writing the date is January 30, 2019. P3D is up to version P3DV4.4 (I am still on version P3Dv4.3). I see nothing anywhere on line or in these forums that shows anything has been done to the Hawk to fix any problems since late 2017 or Jan. 2018.
If I am wrong about this, someone please point me to a more current upgrade. I purchased the Hawk for version P3DV4 / Tacpack believing that the Hawk was designed to work with these products as per the Just Flight product description. Here are the problems that I am having after uploading the "latest" version from the Just Flight store.

1. The issue of "Spot view" and "Locked view" is still present when you load the Hawk after any other aircraft. Doesn't crash like it use to, but your view drops you into the middle of the aircraft somewhere behind the front pilots seat. Several other customers have had this problem and discussed it in the forums.

2. Night lighting is unusable.
a. Switch for "Console" on front panel does nothing.
b. Three rheostat knobs below lighting buttons don't function in any manner.
c. Emergency panel lighting switch does nothing.
d. The main panel lighting that does work floods the cockpit with such bright lighting that you can't see outside at night. There does not appear to be any way to adjust the brightness level.
e. No instrument lighting at all. Turn out the cockpit flood light so you can see out, and you can't see any instrumentation.

3. Tacpack integration is incomplete. I've watched the tutorial video where you flip on the sidewinder missiles circuits, get a great growl tone, lock on, and away the missile goes to destroy the drone. Doesn't work that way for me. I get no audio at all for sidewinders (yes I've turned the missile volume switch at the top of the missile panel up, but this appears to be another in-operable switch). I can launch the missiles and even get a hit, (by using the "pickle" button, not the traditional "trigger" used for most AA missiles) but that is not how you show things working. The guy who made the video got it to work, but I sure can't.

4. The entire missile and gun section of your manual needs a rework to accurately reflect how to get these systems to work. For example, how do you get a sighting crosshair to show up to launch missile? Turn the sight control knob to "M" which the manual says to be for missile, but the manual shows this control to be inactive. Do the port or starboard pylons need to be active like for rockets and bombs even for the AA missiles? It appear mine do, but nothing in the manual says that.

This product came out over two years ago and still has serious flaws. An X plane version has been released yet it appears that the P3DV4 / Tacpack version is still incomplete and being ignored in a rush to push out other products. Most of the forum posts for the Hawk stopped in 2018 and as far as I can see "Hawk T1A Tacpack 201.exe" appears to be the latest version of the product as this is what is downloading from Just Flight as of January 2019. I bought my product directly from Just Flight and not a 3rd party sight because I wanted "good support" for it.

Any assistance with this matter from Just Flight, or anyone would be appreciated. As far as "Contact Support" or "redownload" fix..., done that several times. With and without anti virus software enabled. It appears from the results of others on this forum, that is not the solution to the above described problems and that Just Flight has abandoned the P3DV4.3 + Hawk for new products and profits. Please prove me wrong, I look forward to it.

Thank you,
Dean

petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 6:53pm
The video was made with the original TacPac version of the Hawk, which worked. Since then TacPack has upgraded three times and since then the Hawk's weapons have been limited to bombs only. Rockets and missiles are completely useless. Following the first update the gun was also completely useless, after the next Tacpack upgrade the gun made a noise, but did not fire any projectiles. With the latest upgrade, by TacPack, the gun appears to work correctly.
I can't comment on the lighting as I never fly the thing these days.
After each upgrade by TacPack I contacted Support only to be told to reinstall. Each time I told them that did not solve the problem I was told they would investigate and let me know. They never have
I too was optimistic that the X plane version might cause a reevaluation of the P3D version but, as we know, it didn't.
If there is no intention of fixing these problems, and the evidence suggests that there isn't, they should say so and remove the non-functional TacPack version.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 5:17pm
Hi Dean, Pete,

The development and support teams are currently investigating the issues you've raised and we'll update you early next week on our progress and what to expect in terms of fixes.

We never abandon our products as demonstrated by the many updates/upgrades that our older products have received over the years. Naturally there is a balancing act between devoting our limited resources to updating an extensive catalogue of older products and developing new products, but we have no intention of abandoning older products.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
poosd View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poosd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 7:06pm
Dear Mr. Martyn,

Thank you so much for your reply. Sometimes all it takes is a little communications to keep customers onboard with your product line and your company.

I'm sure that I am not the only Just Flight customer that will be looking forward to what you all have in plan for the Hawk. Mind you, I'm not asking for a new product, just a few fixes to make it better and keep it a viable product for your company, and a pleasure to fly for me.

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond. Looking forward to our next chat.

Dean
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic