This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Duchess Model 76
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duchess Glitches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duchess Glitches
    Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 3:08am

Duchess Glitches:

1.  All circuit breakers (push-pull type) in the Duchess are pulled out, meaning no circuits will work, but they all do?  If I push each and every breaker in, as they should be under normal circumstances, the circuits will work—but they do not.  Have they been programed backwards like the aux pumps—off is on and on is off?  (This aux pumps glitch has been corrected.)  I did not notice the breakers glitch on release.  All circuit breakers in the Duchess are configured incorrectly.  If you look closely they are all pulled out.

2. While in flight, if you place the throttle on one engine to idle and leave the other engine at cruise rpm, the Duchess pulls to the wrong direction.  For example:  If I retard the left throttle the plane will turn to the right, it should be to the left; if I retard the right throttle, the plane will turn to the left, it should be to the right.  What actually happens is the Duchess will either continue to fly straight or bank slightly to the engine set at cruise—both of these conditions are incorrect.  

3.  You have a nervous landing gear horn that comes on while on the ground, or after touchdown while rolling to a stop.  This should not be the case.  The squat switch should prevent this from happening.  This is very annoying.  Either I advance the mixture or shut the Battery switch off to turn the horn off.  Sometimes moving the landing gear handle up down will shut the horn off but not always.

4.  When I place the throttles to idle-cut off the engines continue to run for about 12 to 15 seconds—it should be almost immediately.

Kindly ask your staff to look into these items.  Other than that your rendition of the Duchess is pretty good.

P.S.  I've downloaded all five updates (v1.01 through v1.05).

Thanks, Pat

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 4:04pm
Hi Pat,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll get our support team to test and log these so the developers can address them in the next update.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Craig.Haskell View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Technical Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig.Haskell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 10:59am
Hi Pat,

Please can you confirm which sim you are using?

Thanks

Craig
PMJ View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 7:39pm
Craig, I'm using P3D v4.4 operating platform
Win 10 Pro with all Saitek equipment: panels, flight instruments and flight controls
Three 27" monitors
Thanks, Pat
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic