This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy New Year to those still using Traffic X

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Ray Fry Ray Fry wrote:

All of Mine are in a box in the loft with the boxed version of traffic.

post In the interest of traffic as there no one home in the traffic office. 

Yep, I started with "Traffic", then "Traffic 2005", and then "Traffic X".  They've all done me very well as I was able to import/use the previous version's schedules as each new program came along (something one unfortunately could not do with Traffic 360, which is hence the reason why I never upgraded to that).

Originally posted by RayM RayM wrote:

That's you, me and a few others who have been posting here from time to time!
I'm opening Traffic X on virtually a daily basis at the moment as I am 'improving' a whole batch of Caribbean island's airports using ADE and setting up appropriate AI traffic for them all. Traffic X is well suited for this.

May the new year bring you many happy flying hours.

I am also opening Traffic X quite a lot.  Flight plans and schedules are constantly getting added, amended, and deleted in line with airline news and changes in my local region, and around the world (although I work more on the local region changes than I do on International changes).  As part of this work, thanks to the repaint program in the package, the liveries on my AI planes are as up to date as I can keep them. Not to mention the program's ability to allow me to add new aircraft which also helps to keep the program as current as I can possibly keep it. It can be time consuming work, but it is very rewarding and satisfying to know that when I am in the sim, the relevant aircraft, old or new, and all with the correct/current liveries, are flying to the applicable relevant airports just as they would actually be doing in real life.  Traffic X, despite its issues and quirks, has been, and continues to be, a handy companion along the way.  Throw in updating airports with ADE, and everything is pretty well as accurate as one can get it and keep it.

Originally posted by Soaranden Soaranden wrote:

Happy New Year, everybody. It's great to hear from you.

Yes, I'm still enjoying Traffic X. As usual, nearly all aircraft that I use for AI are full-blown user models.

These days, I'm dual-booting Windows 7 and Linux. In addition to running FSX on Windows 7, I'm now running X-Plane 11 on both Windows 7 and Linux.

I did a lot of work on FSX during 2018. I added TaxiSigns HD to all airports, and I added Airport Wizard taxiway lights to over 4,600 FSX airports. I added the taxiway lights on a per-airport basis, choosing the type of taxiway lights for each airport. That was a major project.

I haven't added an AI traffic program to X-Plane 11, yet. As is the case with FSX AI traffic programs, the AI aircraft models that the X-Plane 11 traffic programs use aren't all that great. Somebody should release AI traffic programs for multiple flight simulators with the traffic program for each simulator, itself, having multiple versions--one with low poly count AI aircraft and one with high poly count AI aircraft.

Yep, I am using Traffic X, still with FSX, and still in Windows 7.  I've seen screenshots and videos of how good P3D can be with it's shadows and all the fixes it offers … but my FSX is still going strong, looks great, is smooth, works, and doesn't crash (no pun intended).  And that's even with all my ORBX sceneries, addons, and "high-end" user aircraft from PMDG, Majestic, Aerosoft, A2A, Flight1 and others. Besides, I can't bear to think about how much work I'd need to do to bring a newly installed sim such as P3D up to the standard that I have in place now with my FSX and its addons, scenery, user aircraft, AI, updated airports (ADE), etc etc.  My FSX has been built-up over time and is, frankly, fantastic. To start over just sounds all too hard and not a lot of fun. And, XPlane is not for me; there's just not enough support for addons etc.

Now … Dan … you've yet again piqued my curiosity. "TaxiSigns HD"?  "Airport Wizard taxiway lights"? What are these things?  That taxi sign and those tawiway lights in your screenshot both look damn good. Google sends me to FlightSimTools.com. Wow, these do indeed look good.  How come I never knew about these?  OK, it looks like I need to get these. I can feel more work coming on, in addition to all the Traffic X work. Hehe.

Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 4:48pm
Happy New Year, everybody. It's great to hear from you.

Yes, I'm still enjoying Traffic X. As usual, nearly all aircraft that I use for AI are full-blown user models.

These days, I'm dual-booting Windows 7 and Linux. In addition to running FSX on Windows 7, I'm now running X-Plane 11 on both Windows 7 and Linux.

I did a lot of work on FSX during 2018. I added TaxiSigns HD to all airports, and I added Airport Wizard taxiway lights to over 4,600 FSX airports. I added the taxiway lights on a per-airport basis, choosing the type of taxiway lights for each airport. That was a major project. Here's a screenshot:

I haven't added an AI traffic program to X-Plane 11, yet. As is the case with FSX AI traffic programs, the AI aircraft models that the X-Plane 11 traffic programs use aren't all that great. Somebody should release AI traffic programs for multiple flight simulators with the traffic program for each simulator, itself, having multiple versions--one with low poly count AI aircraft and one with high poly count AI aircraft.

Dan
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by freddy freddy wrote:

Happy New Year to all those of you who are, like me, still using and enjoying Traffic X.

Thumbs Up

(<span style="text-align: left; color: rgb0, 0, 0; text-trans: none; line-height: 16.8px; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; text-decoration: none; word-spacing: 0px; display: inline !imant; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; : none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; : transparent;">This post is really in the interest purely of posting something in this forum, which hasn't seen anything new for a little while now. Hehe.)</span>

That's you, me and a few others who have been posting here from time to time!
I'm opening Traffic X on virtually a daily basis at the moment as I am 'improving' a whole batch of Caribbean island's airports using ADE and setting up appropriate AI traffic for them all. Traffic X is well suited for this.

May the new year bring you many happy flying hours.           
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
Ray Fry View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Fry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 2:10pm
All of Mine are in a box in the loft with the boxed version of traffic.

post in the interest of traffic as there no one home in the traffic office. 
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 9:58pm
Happy New Year to all those of you who are, like me, still using and enjoying Traffic X.

Thumbs Up

(This post is really in the interest purely of posting something in this forum, which hasn't seen anything new for a little while now. Hehe.)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic