This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Duchess Model 76
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prop does not feather; a/c turns incorectly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prop does not feather; a/c turns incorectly
    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 2:57am

In simflight when I shut down an engine, the engine stops, but does not feather (feather control is fully retarded).  Also, with the engine shut down, the Duchess turns in the wrong direction.  For example, if I shut down the right engine the prop does not go into feather and the aircraft turns to the left instead of to the right.  Plane should turn to the right because you have power from the left engine and no power on the right engine, only drag; and lots off it, since it won't go in to feather. 

The actual Duchess will maintain flight as long as it has two flight crew, a feathered prop and a properly trained pilot; it will actually climb albeit slowly and fully controllable as long as you maintain blue line Vmca (80kts) with proper aileron and rudder.

This is critical problem to practice for in real lifeā€”it could be a matter of life or death.  This is a critical glitch that should be corrected.

Thanks, Pat

P.S. Everything else is working correcting, although the start switches seem to hang up when you try to move them to the start position.  Your autopilot is one of the best I've used.  It locks on to the magenta line in my Flight1 Garmin 750 and stays there very smoothly right to the runway.  Please keep those updates coming, you are almost there.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:22pm
Hi Pat,

Thanks for the feedback.

We are currently working on improving the propeller animations, texturing, feathering functionality and flight dynamics.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic