This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Duchess Model 76
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spinner textures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkiester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spinner textures
    Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 6:01pm
Hi JF,

Would you consider looking at the textures on the spinners ?  Having the shading painted on makes them look rather FS9-ish when they're spinning.  I realize this is only my personal opinion, but... they look awful!  With the latest sims all having terrific shading and lighting capabilities, is painted shadows on a spinning part really necessary ?

Otherwise the new Duchess is a terrific replacement for the old Flying School model.  Thanks for developing it!

Mark
iflygary View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iflygary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 3:57pm
Hey Mark you are not alone.  I know they have made major strides of improvements but the spinner textures are definitely a bit of a distraction when flying.  It also takes away from the realism. Hopefully they will address the issue soon.

Gary
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:21pm
Hi Mark, Gary,

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking into this now and we'll endeavour to include something in the next update.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Bunkiester View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkiester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 2:51pm
Martyn,

I've just checked out the new v1.05 update, and the new spinner textures are excellent.  My thanks to all members of the team who contributed to the update.  Job well done!

Terrific support from JF as always,

Cheers,

Mark
iflygary View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iflygary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 1:06pm
Am I missing something regarding the spinner textures???? I downloaded the latest update and the spinner textures haven't been updated!!! Also the placard near the co-pilot's right knee hasn't been addressed. It still says G-BZRT for each repaint. I feel like we've all been waiting patiently for these issues to get taken care of. When will these "minor" issues be addressed?????

Gary
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 4:08pm
Hi Gary,

Please get in touch with the support team if you're still seeing the old spinner textures with the latest installer as that suggests an installation issue. As Mark points out, the new spinner textures are definitely included.

We'll take a look at the minor placard issue.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic