This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Vulcan & INS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Vulcan & INS
    Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 9:00pm
Hi Guys,

Your Vulcan is amazing and the team has done a cracking job with it!

I stumbled across a post on the forums where the prospect of adding a civa-style INS to the Vulcan was being discussed. I understand that the development team will be very busy at this time with bug fixes, but any insight on this topic would be truly appreciated; even if it's just to say that the addition of an INS is still being considered. Having an INS would be fantastic for long distance navigation in the Vulcan - yes I am referring to using it for a Vulcan "Cross the Pond" Vatsim flight!

In all seriousness having an INS would be very useful for simulating a Black Buck style mission to the Falklands.

Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year,

Digby
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 5:46pm
Sounds like a good idea for an upgrade. What think you, JF ? Wink
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 6:41pm
I'm sure a more comprehensive answer will come along after the holidays, but there is an INS in development in parallel with the VC10 Pro so it may not be outside the realms of possibility.
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 10:15pm
Sounds great. That pro-VC10 is already on my list too. Thanks Paul, and Happy New Year to you and to  Digby.
LH784 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LH784 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:30pm
Hi guys,

when working on the INS: would it be possible to consider a possibility to interface hardware to press the buttons or even read out the displys somehow ?
Thanks & looking forward to the VC10 Pro,
Florian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic