This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A.H. Boxcar: All bugs fixed ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A.H. Boxcar: All bugs fixed ?
    Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:00am
Hello all, and particularly owners of the Aeroplane Heaven C-119 Boxcar,

I'm trying to ascertain whether all the bugs and defects reported since Boxcar's release have now been rectified.

If there are still problems, can you tell me what they are and whether you consider them major issues or minor niggles, please.

All and any info gratefully received Smile

petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:18pm
The only problem with this aircraft is that fuel consumption is a little on the high side. This, I am told will be corrected in the next update, meanwhile, there is a workaround on AH's Facebook page. Personally I am very happy with it.
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:30pm
Thanks very much for that, Pete. I've heard about the fuel consumption problem - is that the only outstanding issue ? You mention a pending update - has A.H. made a firm commitment to release that ? Sorry if I sound a little pessimistic. 
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 7:41pm
They said that with the workaround the fuel consumption is now correct, but until the update the guages are not accurate and they said it will be updated, probably when the release the "Flight of the Pheonix" update. They have already updated some models to P3Dv4.4 with shiny metal skins.
I personally have a small problem with the cold and dark switch, but I suspect it is more to do with my set-up that the Boxcar, as it occurs with some other AH aircraft. If I use the C&D switch I have problems startintg the engines, but if I set C&D by just switching everything off, it all works fine.
As it stands, it works well and the inaccurate guageswould only cause problems on flights of ver 3 hours, but the native HUD in the sim reads correctly.
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:22pm
Pete, once again thank you. Very informative and much appreciated. Based on what you say, I think I shall await the update that includes the Phoenix model, and then sound out opinions further. By the way, C&D settings seem to cause problems with many models, so I'll overlook that for now. 

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. Merry Christmas ! Smile

P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 10:08am
AH have released the Service Pack 2, which is supposed to address the fuel issues. Hopefully JF will update soon.
This should now be an excellent aircraft.
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by petesmiffy petesmiffy wrote:

AH have released the Service Pack 2, which is supposed to address the fuel issues. Hopefully JF will update soon.
This should now be an excellent aircraft.

Update has been applied to the product so if you download again now you'll have the very latest version.

If bought from us you'll have received an email too.

Thanks.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 11:24pm
I got it. Loving it, especially the Phoenix. Just one minor gripe. They could have included a bag of sand.
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 7:17pm
Is the fuel consumption problem now fixed ?
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 7:38pm
As far as I can tell it is.
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 10:58pm
Thanks again, Pete. Thumbs Up
Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 8:09pm
So, are we supposed to have that Tallmantz Phoenix somewhere? Not seeing it. According the AH, they sent it out to vendors.

Also, there is an animation glitch on the C119 now which wasn't there before the patch, one of the landing light switches on the centre pedestal no longer flipswhen you click it even though it still operates as a function and the indicator light for it comes on.
CXA651Alan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CXA651Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 6:15am
AH C-119F v1.2 purchased on the 31st dec 2018 .
Still learning and setting the controls up , but i think i have found a bug on the aileron/rudder trim indicator , the control surfaces are working correctly , but the indicator is showing the reverse of what should be , the indicator shows nose left trim, when it pushes the nose right on the rudder , and the aileron trim ind shows right wing down when the left wing is being pushed down , the rudder and aileron trim switches correspond with control surfaces.
regards alan.
Alan Cottrill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic