This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multiple Missions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote printerdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiple Missions
    Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 2:17am
I wish they would make it so you could fly missions to diffrent citys at a time Like from KLAX to Palm Springs to Denver to New York seems that would be more fun. make more money that way.
cpltom View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 4:34pm
You mean stopping and unloading and refueling? That would be nice, but you cant even do that kind of flight plan in FS as far as I know (of course I could be wrong and just dont know how to do it).
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 4:46pm
You can do it in FS, but not in CP.  CP is strictly limited to one flight leg at a time.  In my opinion, that's the biggest shortcoming of the program, which really is pretty good overall.

In FS, you can land at an intermediate airport and load the flight plan for the next leg without leaving the sim, or you can start out by putting all the stops in the flight plan as waypoints.  If you do the latter, the times, fuel burn and altitude columns will be all wrong and if IFR, the ATC won't work correctly, but the route and waypoints still work.
printerdw View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote printerdw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 6:48pm
Yes like an airline with mutiple stops, I know I tried it on CP and I think I didnt get paid because I landed at the wrong airport. Oh well live and learn . I really like the Game. 
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 9:01pm
You can do it in CP but not in one haul. Just open bases at KLAX, Palm Springs, Denver and New York. At KLAX search for cargo to Palm springs, finish that flight and make a new flight with cargo for KDEN etc. etc. I flew around the world this way Wink

And I agree with allardjd that outside CP you easaly can make a flightplan with multiple airports, just insert them as waypoints or VOR's
Scooternjng View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scooternjng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 10:23pm
We had a sticky thread on the old forum, requesting what we'd love to see in CP2 (if it were to ever come out), and I think that was one of the things we'd love to see.

Now, if we could just get that sticky back.Thumbs%20Up
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 11:05am
I asked Martyn to migrate that sticky Smile
cpltom View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 10:33pm

You can do it in FS? Every time I set a waypoint at an airport the ATC goes bonkers when I try and land.

Scooternjng View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scooternjng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by cpltom cpltom wrote:

You can do it in FS? Every time I set a waypoint at an airport the ATC goes bonkers when I try and land.

An airport as a waypoint is more of a positional fix, especially numerous low- and high altitude airways originate from them.
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 6:59am
I fly VFR, no bonkers Smile
cpltom View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 6:43pm
ahh. I havn't been going VFR.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic