This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Headset

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headset
    Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 9:44am
Hello All

Can someone recommend a decent headset for use with FSXS.
I have never used one on the sim before so any further advice would be most welcome.

Thanks and Regards

Blizzard
Mike
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:39am
How much are you willing to pay?

On the cheaper end I'm quite happy with the
Speedlink Coniux Stereo Gaming Headset (SL-8783-BK)
(currently £26.51 on https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I7P34I0)

I had a slightly more expensive one (Speedlink Medusa 5.1), but that is a little bit too heavy for me on head+ears for longer sessions.

If I don't need a microphone, I'm using 20-25 year old classic earbuds from Sony, of course with replacement foam/sponge covers. This is more comfortable for me and they are small enough to be kept on the desk all the time, while I put the larger headsets in a closet when not using them.

Most important feature for me (that all three above have) is an analogue volume control on the cable.
Some people might consider a mute button for the microphone to be important, but I always use a push-to-talk button on yoke or keyboard.
There are wireless headsets, but I don't have any experience with them.

If you intend to use TrackIR with the TrackClip Pro (the three IR LEDs), you will want a headset with the cable on the left side, because the TrackClip is designed to be in the left side of the head, too, and this way you have both cables on the same side of the head.

Blizzard View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:53am
Thank you Thomas.

I'll take a look now.

M
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic